Indestructible

*Trigger Warning- some mentions of gore*

The rattling of the large freight along the tracks stopped, allowing for silence to finally fill the metal confines of Blade's holding cell. The dark silver walls were only offset by the black bench bolted into the floor.

His hands remained chained to a bolt in the wall while his legs were attached to the bench he sat on. The long strands of his shoulder length hair were caked in mud that held it away from his face and his beard held splatters of blood.

The silence was quickly sliced by the loud scraping of the door being opened. A heavy thud followed as a body was tossed inside without care before the door was closed again. 

Blade could see a smear of blood from where the body had originally hit the floor before sliding just under the bench. A mangled limb was all he could see before coming to the conclusion that the person was dead.

Leaning his head back against the wall, he closed his eyes. Just as he began to allow the rocking of the train car to lull him to sleep, the body began moving. A feminine groan filled the car followed by a series of sickly cracks and pops.

"Jesus Christ, feels like they strapped me to a train." She spoke as she crawled from beneath the bench. "Oh, hello."

Blade was surprised to see her breathing considering the state she was previously in. Scanning her figure, he stopped his eyebrows from furrowing at the way she seemed to act unharmed.

Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail, but the days events had caused it to become frizzy with stray curls sticking out from every angle. Even though she was covered in dirt and blood, he could see the caramel color of her skin.

"Not much of a talker?" She spoke once more as she sat up. Blade knew if they hadn't bothered with chaining her up then they'd thought she was dead as well.

She groaned as she rubbed her neck. A hand returned with blood was wiped on her pants as if it were no big deal. There were multiple nails missing from her fingers with the remaining being a light blue color.

"Son of a bitch slit my throat." She chuckled as she rubbed the spot once more. Blade looked closer, his stomach turning at the open flesh.

"You're probably wondering how I'm alive. Well I was-"

"I'm actually wondering why you won't shut the fuck up." He grumbled as he shook off his curiosity and leaned his head against the wall once more.

Silence filled the space once again and he closed his eyes. The feeling of curiosity bloomed within him and he quickly found himself venturing through her thoughts.

Her previous treatment manifested before his eyes, chilling images of being beaten and stabbed all he could see before being met with a black void. Blade had never experienced such a darkness when venturing through the memories of someone.

"So you don't want to hear me speak, you'd rather invade the privacy of my mind." The statement made him open his eyes.

Just as he went to question how she'd known of his actions, his eyes caught sight of her throat- fully healed as if the flesh hadn't been hanging open seconds ago.

Blade was no ordinary man. He, like the others on the train, possessed a set of supernatural qualities. He'd seen everything from an ability to fly to mind control, yet he knew the woman before him was something truly extraordinary.

"Why are you here?" He spoke in reference to the train.

"I'm going on a vacation." The sarcasm dripped from her words causing Blade to clench his fists. In all 32 years of his life on earth, he'd never hated anything more than useless sarcasm.