Royal Desire

*Very, very loosely based on the movie 300 as well as history surrounding Spartan and Greek mythology*

King Leonidas
37 years old

Nefeli Yati30 Years Old ~~~~

Nefeli Yati
30 Years Old
~~~~

"My King."

The man bowed his head as he approached the stone corridors of the building in which housed King Leonidas I.

Son of the Spartan King Anaxandrides, he became king when his older half-brother Cleomenes I died without having produced a male heir. Like all male Spartan citizens, Leonidas had been trained mentally and physically since childhood in preparation to become a hoplite warrior. Armed with a round shield, spear, and iron short sword, these men were trained to die defending their homes.

Leonidas raised his hand for the man to speak, his attention focused on the apple in his other hand. Its sweet taste captivated his senses and satisfied the aching of his stomach. As Spartans, one often starved themselves to prepare for the many hours of hard battle.

"We've word of a perioeci tampering with the armor production in Pellana. Said to have lost almost 4 shipments." His head remained dipped at the delivery of such bad news.

The once sweet nectar coating Leonidas' tongue became sour, clenching the muscles in the back of his throat. Who dare tamper with Spartan property? Had they no longer wish to live their humble lives?

The citizens found within the small perioeci territories within Sparta were considered second class citizens. In their own cities, they were free to govern themselves as they wished and employ whatever rights to their citizens they deem necessary. However, in surrounding Sparta, there were no protections for these people. The necessary commerce and business needed to keep Sparta afloat was conducted within these territories, as Spartans considered themselves above the task.

"Send a couple men up there to straighten things out." Leonidas finally settled on.

"We did...my King." He stuttered before bowing his head.