New start

September 1980:

Today was the day Olivia was staring school and she couldn't be more excited, her dad on the other hand wasn't. Freddie didn't want to send his daughter off to school but he knew he had to. Freddie helped his daughter get ready for school as Paul, Freddie's new lover, got Olivia's school bag ready. Paul had gone against his word which he said four years ago was was actually helping Olivia, wanting her to get to like him. As Freddie made the finishing touches to her uniform Jerry came and brushed his fur up against Olivia's ankle, wanting some attention.

"Jerry" Olivia said bending down to his height. She began stroking his soft fur which made him sink into her, purring slightly.

Freddie softly smiled at his daughter before bending down himself, gently stroking the cat. He managed to lean in and kiss Olivia's cheek. The moustache that was beginning to grow tickled her cheek.

"Do you like this moustache?" Freddie asked purposefully tickling her cheek. "Yeah, it tickles" Olivia replied rubbing her cheek which Freddie's lips and facial hair just touched.

Once Olivia was ready the two headed downstairs where Paul was there to greet them. She reluctantly said goodbye to him before Freddie helped her in the car.

"Why don't you like Paul?" Freddie asked keeping his eyes glued to the road. "I don't trust him. I want him to be loyal to you and for him to to break you're heart" Olivia replied.

She was always the caring type and always thought about other people's feelings. It warmed Freddie's heart slightly that she thought about him more then anyone else. The two had a special bond no one could break and it meant the world to Freddie.

When they arrived at the school Freddie grabbed onto Olivia's hand as they walked towards the building. She seemed a little nervous but he knew she would fit right in. He also knew that she was going to find some friends and was going to be happy there. The teacher greeted Freddie, knowing who he was instantly.

"We will call you if there is any problems and school finishes at 3, I don't think there's any other information you need to know" the informed trying to rack her brain of information.

"Thank you" Freddie said beginning to leave. Leaving was a challenge as Olivia wouldn't let him go.

"Liv I will be back at the end of the day" Freddie said kneeling down, trying to pry her hands off him.

Eventually she let go of the rock star before he waved goodbye to her and left. As soon as the door shut Olivia burst into tears. The teacher crouched down and pulled Olivia into a hug.

"Your dad will be back at 3 so you don't have to worry" she comforted which made Olivia slowly stop crying.

The teacher clambered up before introducing Olivia to a girl, Rosie, who felt the same way. Rosie missed her parents but having Olivia made he think again. The two hit it off strait away and the teacher knew they would be the best of friends.

"My dad had this boyfriend who I don't like but I try to cover it up. His names Paul Prenter" Olivia began. "Whoever has a name that sounds like printer then toy shouldn't trust them" Rosie replied.

Olivia burst out laughing as Rosies comment, realising what she meant. "We also have a load of cats. Tom, Jerry, Romeo and Tiffany but I prefer Jerry" Olivia carried on.

"I have a budgie called Disco Deaky because of John Deacon" Rosie said. "John's my uncle. Not blood related but I call him that" Olivia said. "Yeah cos your dads Freddie" Rosie agreed. "Just don't tell anyone that. I don't want to be bombarded" Olivia begged getting a little nod from Rosie indicating her mouth was shut.