Back home

I was eventually alowd to come home but it did worry me. My dad did say he made the house wheelchair friendly but thats not what bothered me. Jim cant be looking after me and my dad and even with David its still hard work. Phoebe spends most of his time being my dads assistant that he doesnt have time to look after my dad. David was the one who brought me home and my dad was there in an instant to greet me.

"Darling welcome back to Garden Lodge" my dad said in greeting. "Dad ive been here before, its not like i live here" I replied as David pushed me into the living room.

"So hows the physical therapy?" my dad asked totally ignoring my comment. "Its been going good, ive begun to get feeling back but i know it will take time" i replied.

"You know you didnt have to do it for me" my dad said. "Dad ive been stuck in toilets and its not fun and i wanted to get you out, youre my daddy" I said making my dad smile.

Jim came in with a cup of tea for m which i took, silently thanking him. "Anyway hows the music videos been going?" I asked. "In truth weve been too worried about you that we havent filmed anything" my dad replied. "Oh" i said looking down to the ground.

At that moment the front door flew open and by the sounds of it two people were fighting to get in. Then both Roger and Robert were fighting to get into the living room. They managed to get through the door but as they tried to fight their way over to me both tripped, Robert falling onto Roger who fell into Jim. John and Brian came over and both hugged me in turn. Then Roger and Robert managed to come over and hug me. Robert pecking my lips.

"Im so glad youre okay" Robert said. "Rob it wasnt a car crash" I replied. Robert ignored my comment which made me giggle.

"Now dad next time youre using public toilets make sure the lock works first" I said making my dad laugh. "Yeah i did find that out the hard way. But if i get stuck in a toilet again please dont almost kill yourself to save me" my dad replied.

At some point over the day alcahol came out. My dad didnt get drunk but he was acting it. Me and Robert escaped out into the garden to have some time alone. "I dont want my dad to go, hes had such an amazing impact on so many lives" I said stopped by a flower bed, a bed that my dad planted after arguing with Jim about being lazy.

"It comes to us all eventually" Robert replied coming to stand next to me. "But my dads 42, hes too young" I replied looking to Robert. "So we need to give him the best life ever" Robert replied "Didnt he say he wouldnt see you in youre prom dress or in youre wedding dress" I nodded "So why dont we do dress up". I softly giggled. "Robert Deacon you area genius" I replied.

"My mum still has her wedding dress and im sure we can find you a prom dress" Robert said. "This is going to be amazing" I said.

At that moment David came stumbling out. We looked at each other and then to him. "Hey Uncle David" I said. "Hello" David slurred the reply.

I shook my head before heading to the fish pond. I felt a single tear drop down my cheek as Robert walked up next to me. He bent down and wrapped an arm around me. I bent my head and began sobbing causing David to come over.

"Why is our angel crying?" David asked hugging me from behind. "I just dont want my dad to die" I replied. "Well hes still with us" David comforted. "Can i just be alone for a minute?" I asked.

The two left me alone as i sobbed salty wet tears. I put my head in my lap and wouldnt stop crying. The truth about my condition was i could just about walk but didnt want to chance it. I pushed the chair back slightly and tried to get up. I held onto the chair to support myself until i felt safe to let go. I took a couple of steps towards the pond and just tried to stay there. As i went to take another step i felt my legs give way. I tumbled towards the pond, crashing through the fish net. I didnt know what to do, the water was freezing cold and i couldnt move. The fish net kept cutting into my arms s i tried to shout for help. I noticed my dad appear at the door holding a drink. It slipped from his grasp as i tried clambering from the pond. The fish net just tore deeper into my skin as my dad shouted out for help. He began trying to run towards me as i saw fumbling from inside the house.

"Honey just stay still" My dad advised. "Dad please dont run" I begged.

My dad didnt listen to me as David and Roger sprinted past him. They both grabbed onto me and tried to pull me out. I screamed out as the nets dug even deeper.

"Its okay, we'll find another way to get you out" Roger said fumbling around with the net. "Rog hurry please" I begged as blood poured from the cuts.

They managed to rip the nets as my dad rushed to get a first aid kit. As they held the nets back Jim pulled me out. Robert took his jacket off and gently wrapped it around me, holding me tight to keep me warm.

"What were you trying to do?" David asked coming up behind me to help keep me upright. "I dont know" I replied as Robetr got me back to ym wheelchair.

My dad returned with a towel and first aid kit. "Lets get you back inside" my dad said wrapping the towel around me.

Brian began pushing me back towards the house. They got me inside as my dad and John began tending to my wounds. David had been acting like a dad toward me for weeks and he did right there. He held onto my hands to make sure i was okay.

"Please dont ever do something like that again, i was worried when i saw you" my dad said. "I promise" I replied.