13th birthday

A/n: yes its growing closer. We are nearing Freddies end.

1988, i couldnt be more excited for a year to come, this is when i become a teenager. My dad had lost his moustache and had begun sporting a beard, i didnt know which i prefered. The night before my birthday Rosie, Robert and Ben stayed for a sleepover. When i woke the next morning the three were singing happy birthday. I woke with a smile on my face before rolling over to look at them. My eyes firstly fell on Robert. Since we had started secondary school and i was spending more time with Robert i realised how much i liked him. I also noticed Rosies eyes constantly on Ben which also made me think she liked him. I noticed the three were already dressed but they were waiting for me.

"Can you three leave me in peace while i get dressed?" I asked. The three snuck off into the onsuite bathroom to leave me in peace.

Once i was dressed the three came back into the room while i went to wake my dad. I snuck into his and Jims room and crouched down at the end of the bed. Both of them were still asleep and didnt notice me. I clambered onto the bed and began crawling down it. My dad and Jim laid with their backs to each other so i laid in the middle of them. Jim was the first to stir and roll over, a little shocked to see me. He let out a soft scream causing my dad to wake.

"Happy birthday darling" my dad tiredly croaked.

He sat up and grabbed the glass of water by his bed before sipping it. "A teen now" my dad said as i sat up next to him. "Yeah" I agreed as Jim sat up.

"Go wake David, we will be downstairs in a minute" my dad advised.

I clambered over Jim to getout of bed before running down to the spare room. I opened the door a crack before peering round it. I heard footsteps behind me and turned to see my dad.

"Jump on him" my dad whispered to me. I looked back to the sleeping rock star before doing what my dad said.

I opened the door fully and without hesitating i ran to the bed and jumped on David. A soft oof left his lips as i stayed laying there.

"Why me?" David moaned "And happy birthday". "Thank you, my dad told me to jump on you" I replied. "Mercury" David snarled pushing me off him.

He clambered from the bed and stormed to the door. My dad quickly walked away leavig Jim stood to take the full extent of Davids anger. I snuck from the room and back to mine. Robert was the only one in the room as the other three had headed downstairs.

"Hey, i heard Jims scream" Robert said. "Yeah i kinda woke up" I replied sitting down on the bed.

Me and Robert were sat that close to each other that when we turned our lips met. I didnt expect a kiss to feel as good as this. Roberts hand made its way to my hair and his fingers began running through my hair. My hand landed on his cheek as he pulled me closer. The kiss turned more passionate then i thought was possible.

When we parted Roberts eyes darted round my face and landed on my eyes. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?" Robert asked. "Yes" I replied nodding. We dived for each other and hugged tightly.

"Darling" my dad called up. "We must go" I said turing to Robert.

We rushed downstairs where everyone was gathering in the living room, David giving my dad the odd glare. "Open your presents" my dad insisted passing me some.

My dad bought me a necklase in that shape of a heart with Olivia and Freddie Mercury written on. It melted my heart that much that before i cried Robert put it on me. He also bought me some make up and a designer coat. Robert bought me a pair of stunning earrings which i had to put in instantly. Robert also wrote in the card love you. David bought me a beautiful dress that i had decided to wear for the party later. Rosie had bught me a David Bowie t-shirt and a Hot Space one. Jim had bought me a handbag and a matching purse and Ben had bought me a cap that said Mercury gang on and a friendship bracelet. I thanked them all before changing into the dress David bought me. We begun getting set up for the party before the others arrived. Roger, his new girlfriend Debbie, Felix and Rory were the first to arrive.

"Hows the birthday girl?" Roger asked hugging me. "Amazing, its been amazing so far" I replied "Being 13 feels amazing".

"I remember the day i saw you for the first time. God that makes me feel old" Roger said. I softly giggled as i showed them to the main source of the party.

Then the rest of the Deacons arrived followed by the Mays. We gathered in the garden as it was warm and they insisted me to open my presents first. Roger had bought me a pair of pink glittery converse trainers and a hat that said drummer on, i heard Roger has one somewhere. Brian had bought me a copy of his guitar with all of Queens signatures on along with a logo he made up. John had bought me a Deaky amp to go with the guitar, i really dont think he bought it, and he put together a book of photos of me with the guys. I had begun to think something was wrong within the Queen family but i just couldnt put my finger on it.

The party was amazing, a lot of singing and dancing was involved. By the end of the night we were all exhausted and everyone either went home or to bed leaving me and my dad. We ended up in the living room with the tv on.

"How bad can this AIDS thing be?" I asked as an advert for AIDS came on.