Bad Thoughts

She moves into the glass like it's been waiting for her. Like the mirror always knew she would return to it. The moment goes in slow motion: First her feet goes in, then her arm, then her body, then the last thing that disappears is her hand that was once stretched out to me. That was once holding my hand.

I don't want her to return above.

This can't be the end.

She belongs here.

I just got my family back, now I'm losing... I'm losing...

I can't even think it out loud in my head. It hurts too much too. Too much, too much. My yellow haired, lass. The muchist of all the muchness in the world. My Alice.

Alice has left me for another adventure. Another adventure, that doesn't lead her to come back to Underland. It's not impossible that she could return. The most impossible things aren't even impossible, but I would be lyin' if I thought this wasn't the last goodbye. The final goodbye. The infinite goodbye.

Goodbye...

Before I could could go to deep into it, I felt a pat on my back. I turn swiftly and become joyful again with the presence of my family. Oh, my family. I've missed them so much.

There's my father. Mr. Hightopp. The tallest of the few. He smiles, a closed smile, almost always. His handlebar mustache is extra curled to comply with that smile.

My mother. Mrs. Hightopp. Little short thing she is. Rocking on her heels with joy of having her family reunited.

My two brothers. Twins really. Thomas and Terry. Reminding me so much of Tweedle Dee and Dum. That's why I was always fond of the pair. They reminded me of the antics my brothers would always get themselves into.

My sister. Quite little thing she is. Tabby was never interested in the hat business, poor girl. She's missing out, but I missed her all the same.

Then there's the littlest of us all. Little Hightopp we always called him. Though Trevor is not that little anymore. I wonder if he still loves feathers. I love feathers as long as there able to be on a hat. Green feathers, blue feathers, orange feathers, purple, teal, yellow, aqua...

"My boy. We're so happy to be back." I shake my head and realized I did it again. Got trapped in the madness. Constantly having to focus to the extreme to keep my mind, mind, No! I will not be doing it again!

"Yes, father. I've missed you all so! All of you so." I smile so big Chessur must be thinking I'm trying to steal his face. Though, mine is a lot less fluffy. This is a good thing, yes. My family has returned. The bloody red quinn' has finally subsided. And Alice is off again.

But it is not all a good thing. Maybe a okay thing or, or a very well thing. But not a grand thing. Not a grand thing at all. My yellowed haired lass has left again. My family will be a good distraction. I will keep the hope that she will return again. She has twice already! Why not a third? Maybe even permanently next time!

Two months in, and I'm currently in my space of the White Queen'a castle. Where I work on my hats, of course! My father has joined me too. We're using the embroiderer to loop, and pump, and grind away our next fabulous creation. We've made many hats together since they returned to me. Since Alice returned them to me...

I stop churning the handle of the machine. Alice. The muchist of all the muchness in Underland. The tall wee boy that has taken up my thoughts since our first tea party. Though, she's not a wee boy anymore. No. She's a wee women. A tall, lengthy, yellowed haired women. Always in blue. Always ready for an adventure. Always on my mind. Mind.