The First Time I Saw Her I Knew I Was Stuck Chapter Eight

Hey there!

Happy Valentine's day y'all <3

So I finished this last night and had it ready to upload this morning :) I hope you like it.

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~

Chapter Eight

Rohanna's POV

            "Rohanna, Rohanna" I open my eyes a crack to see who is so rudely shaking me and waking me from my wonderful sleep.

            "Mhmm?"

            "We're here sweetheart" Kinsley whispers softly.

            "Oh, okay" I say, not quite awake yet.

            I snuggle further down into the comfy car seat and close my eyes, sighing contently. I hear Kinsley heave a sigh and lean down, gathering me in his strong arms. He lifts me out of the car and carries me up the drive to my house.

            "Cinnamon where's the key?" Kinsley murmurs after trying to open the door but finding it locked.

            Guess that means mom isn't home. Which is good because she won't see Kinsley. If she see's him, I'm sure she'll be ditching Mr. Roberts for Kinsley. 'Cause let's face it, Kinsley is smokin'.

            "Under the flower pot" I mutter, still out of it.

            I feel Kinsley bend down, lifting up the flower pot and snatching the key. He jams it into the lock, swinging the door open.

            Kinsley carries me up the stairs to my room, where he places me on the bed and removes my shoes and my jersey without jerking me around so as to wake me up fully.

            He pulls the sheets up over my body, turning to leave when I grasp his arm, pulling him back with the little strength I have.

            "Stay with me"

            I hate being alone at night. Nobody knows, not even my mom. She wouldn't care though, beer is more important then her only daughter.

I'm scared to be home alone at night. What if someone were to break into my home? What would I do? What if something were to happen to me? Who would know?

Kinsley makes me feel safe. I haven't felt safe since Dad left. There was no longer a man in the house to protect me and mom from anything that might happen to us in the night when he's gone.

Now mom's gone too. Who is supposed to keep me safe?

As weird as it may sound, I'm counting on Kinsley to do that. I haven't known him that long, but I feel like I know him already. I feel like I've already met him. I feel like he will keep me safe even without asking.

And the scary part is, I trust him. I haven't trusted anybody in forever. Why now?

            "Of course"

I hear the bedroom door close and Kinsley shuffling around before pulling back the sheets and climbing in the bed beside me.

"Good night Cinnamon, sweet dreams" Kinsley whispers, just as I doze off.

~^^~^^~^^~^^~^^~^^~^^~^^~^^~^^~^^~^^~

"Cinnamon, it's time to get up" Kinsley chirps happily.

I groan and raise my hands above my head, letting out a yawn.