The First Time I Saw Her I Knew I Was Stuck Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Kinsley’s POV

Speeding along the highway with Rohanna sitting in the passenger seat her hair blowing around her singing normally along with the radio is something I only imagined. Being away from your mate can make you image some crazy scenes. She hasn’t said anything since we stopped at Genesis’s house to say goodbye, so therefore I know she’s upset about leaving. I reach over; taking her cold feminine hand in mine, feeling like it’s my entire fault. Maybe she didn’t even want to leave, did I ever think of that?

“I’m sorry Cinnamon” I murmur with a grimace.

Rohanna looks at me, her brown eyes glimmering, “What are you sorry for Kinsley?”

I glance at her from the road, “For taking you away from your life, I’ll bring you back if you’d like”

Rohanna looks surprised, “Kinsley you shouldn’t be sorry. You offered me a place to live and I had the choice whether or not I was going to live with you. I knew that would mean leaving my life behind but I want to start new. Everyone is going to know about my mum eventually and they all know about my dad leaving and I don’t want to be there when that happens. If you don’t want me living with you then you can drive me back, but if you do, that I’m staying right here. No ifs ands or buts”

I smile; shocked by her response, happy also that she isn’t upset for leaving.

“You know, you’ve never told me about your dad” I say quietly, wanting to hear Rohanna tell me so I no longer feel bad about knowing before she felt ready to tell me.

Rohanna sighs, pulling her hand from mine. My hand suddenly feels cold without hers in it and a fear grips at the pit of my stomach. I shouldn’t have asked that, now Rohanna is probably mad at me.

“There’s not much to say. He left my mother and I for a women half his age and started a new family without looking back”

That wasn’t all too it, I could see it in her eyes. There was something else that she wasn’t going to tell me. Something she was never going to tell me, much less anyone else for that matter.

“Oh, have you ever seen or spoken to him since?” I ask, knowing Rohanna would not be looking for sympathy.

Rohanna laughs bitterly, “Hell no, I don’t plan on either, he doesn’t deserve to speak to me again”

I nod, “That’s understandable”

Rohanna smiles softly, “I’m assuming your also wondering who Blayden is?”

I smile curtly and nod, “Yea”

Rohanna shifts her eyes to the floor of the hummer, folding her fingers together and twiddling her thumbs.

“Blayden was my boyfriend. I was 15 and he was 17. I had to tutor him and one thing led to another. We were together for a month and I was sure that I was in love with him something that worried me because I swore to never love again after my father left. I was coming home from Genesis’s ready to call him up and ask him to meet me in the woods, but things change. I walked in to find him and Bernadette on the couch, busy.” Rohanna says bitterly, refusing to call her mother mum.