42-Bare Hands

Shawn sped up his bike as fast as he could to reach at Gigi's place. He practically ran towards her apartment, finding zayn unconscious on floor in hallway near the door.

"Zayn!" He moved down to help his friend but he instead told him.

"Go... Camila" Zayn managed to say regaining his conscious.

Shawn ran towards the open door, storming in. He frowned at the view inside the apartment. Everything was scattered on the floor as he stumbled with something hard.

"Shawn he took Camila..go after him." Gigi screamed at him resting her one hand on her stomach as she saw Shawn.

"Who? Are you alright?" He was anxious for his friends and Camila both.

"I'm fine..just go, he won't have gone that far. He was here 2 minutes ago, just go Shawn." Gigi said almost pushing him outside. Shawn ran outside towards the elevator but it was closed, he ran towards the stairs and used them to go down. His mind was blurted for a moment but then his detective skills started to work out as he got a hint that the suspect wouldn't have left from front door. He must have used the back door. So he ran towards the back side of the building. Just when he stormed out of the door in the backstreet, he saw a man in black clothes, putting unconscious Camila down from his shoulder, shoving in his car.

He ran as fast as he could but the man saw him and started shooting bullets in his feet. He hid himself behind a Trash bin to escape the bullets. He regretted not taking his gun with him. He was bare handed and couldn't do anything. He came out as the man stopped, seeing him settling in the car.

"Leave her.. you'll regret this..I'll make you pay for it...Stop!!!!!!" Shawn screamed but in vain as the man drove his car as fast as he could. Shawn kept running behind him but he couldn't keep up.

In the moment, he stopped a taxi and pushed driver on a passenger seat, taking the hold of the steering.

"Sorry! It's important." He told the driver panting as he sped up the taxi to follow the car. The taxi driver kept screaming at his furious driving.

"Stop! You'll gonna kill me." The driver screamed.

"Then I'm gonna kill both of us." Shawn shouted back but as his attention diverted, the kidnapper was too cunning to ditch him and disappeared.

"Fuck!" Shawn slammed his hand on steering. "Look we are alive..but that innocent girl's life is in danger because of you." He expelled his anger on driver.

"What? I did nothing."

"You screamed in my ear and distract my attention from my target!" He shouted again, realising he was losing his temper. "Sorry! I've to go now." Throwing all the money he had in his pocket towards the driver, he got off the taxi.

      ......................................................

"He was wearing black scarf on his mouth but I could see his green eyes. He was brunette with light brown hair with little longer length, covering his ears." Gigi recorded her statement between sobs. She was still in shock due to whatever happened. She was in hospital to make sure that her baby was alright. Zayn was also there and police along with FBI reached there to investigate the matter.

"I think it's enough, she needs rest now. Stress isn't good for her baby." Her doctor intervened making interrogators to leave her room.

"I didn't think for once in my life that you would be a detective..like my- Oww." Zayn stopped what he was saying as he felt a severe pain on the back of his neck. "Fuck that dude hit me harder than was needed."

"Once I'll catch that son of a bitch, He would regret each and everything in his life. I swear I'm gonna make his life miserable." Shawn said in anger.

Gigi's apartment was also under FBI's control as it was place of crime and they were interrogating the matter. Shawn explained everything to his heads and took a full responsibility of the situation. He accepted his mistake and told them that he'd solve the matter.

The thing which was bugging him the most was what they would gonna do with Camila. He knew that Alejandro wouldn't kill her so he was little satisfied. As it was impossible to take her away from Canada, he was sure she would be somewhere inside the Canada. On the other hand Alejandro and his son was still in Miami according to FBI resources and of course why would they even move from city to become suspicious. He was worried for Camila and the way she left him with doubts in her mind wasn't sitting right with him.

He wished, he could've reached a little earlier so he could atleast make himself clear in front of her. Now she would think how big of a dick he was to fuck Hailey behind her back. Thinking of Hailey, he wondered where she disappeared cause she was no where to be seen. Her friends also didn't know anything about her but police was investigating her matter too.

Getting back to his apartment, he just burned his cigarette, laid his head back on couch as he inhaled and exhaled smoke in and out of his mouth. His mind was full, thinking of all the ways he could solve this matter and find Camila as soon as possible. He couldn't leave her on their mercy for longer period of time. He had to do something or everything would be ruined and he won't forgive himself for not protecting her as he promised to do so.

            .................................................

Camila fluttered her eyes as she tried to open them. Trying to look around her. The place was extremely dark with a small ventilator under roof through which a beam of light was coming in. She tried to scream but her throat was extremely dried though they left her mouth open. She squeezed her eyes shut as she felt the pain in her wrists. She tried to free herself from the rope to which her wrists were tied when she heard mumbling near her. She snapped her head up to look at a figure sitting at a few distance tied with a pillar. Her mouth covered with a tape to trap her muffled sounds as she was crying.

"Hailey!" Camila didn't believe her eyes.

        .......................................................

Vote and Comment🖤