Getting An Upgrade

It's almost here the final tournament. I've been studying the people I have to face. In the first round I have to face someone from Shadow Academy his name is Kai Shinso his semblance is mind control, but I have to respond to one of his questions for him to activate it. He usually relies on this most of the time I haven't seen them fight very much. He doesn't have a lot of muscle on him, which means his actual attack is pretty weak.

Qrow: Kid what did we talk about muttering.

Y/N: Sorry! I'm just writing on my notebook how to with the first match.

Qrow: You should really take a break from that. I'm going to take you out somewhere. Like a father and son bonding thing.

Y/N: Yeah I would like that! Where should we go though?

Qrow: Well I thought maybe we could go hiking, but before that I have a surprise for you.

Because of pair of boots.

Y/N: Are these for the hiking trip?

Qrow: No these are special Atlas technology boots. It uses dust to fire shots of energy and the dust is interchangeable by a button changing it to the different types of dust.

Y/N: Wow! Thank you so much this will definitely help me in battle and hopefully when the tournament.

Qrow: No problem kid. Now let's go hiking!

Time skip

We were on top of a mountain with a nice waterfall. It was pleasant, the fresh air the breeze against my skin it was a perfect day.

Qrow: So kid enjoy the view.

Y/N: Yeah it's nice being up here.

Qrow: Kid I have something to tell you. I'm your real father.

Y/N: W-what. You're my father by blood.

Qrow: I know this is a big reveal, But- (SLAP) what the hells is that for!

Y/N: That's for abandoning me for all these years! DO YOU THINK JUST COMING BACK INTO MY LIFE IS FINE! DO YOU KNOW WHAT I HAD TO GO THROUGH WHEN I WAS IN THE ORPHANAGE. HIT AFTER HIT AFTER HIT I WAS BEATEN AND ABUSED FOR AS LONG AS I WAS THERE!

Qrow: I'm sorry I jus-

Y/N: YOU ABANDONED ME WHEN I NEEDED YOU MOST! I.HATE.YOU! I'm leaving.

Qrow: Please! I'm sorry-

I used the gravity dust in my boots to jump out of there that's extremely speeds. I didn't know where I would go but I'm not staying with him. I walk into the forest and look for some sticks to start a fire with. I heard a raven calling at me I look up at the trees and see nothing then I heard the crunching of leaves behind me. I turn around and shoot one of my dust shots at whatever was making that noise.

???: Some impressive aim you have.

Y/N: Who the hell are you!

???: That doesn't matter right now let's fight.

She charges at me with a sword, but I dodged the strikes and hit her back with a dust shot, she then starts getting faster and faster it's hard to keep up with her. She's tries to strike me again with her sword but I block it with my boots. It makes her stumble back a bit and I use this time to shoot out some ice dust.

It hits her straight in the arm and freezes it. She gets out easily but that's just enough time for me to try something new. I start to shoot out a storm of ice dust shots

A barrage of them hit her encasing her in a glacier of ice. I then cure steps behind me and look but it was too late she somehow got behind me and hit me straight in the chest with her sword though it was only a slash it still hurt but not fatal.

???: What are you're not going to use your aura?

I activate my gravity dust shots and hurl straight at her getting her straight in the face. I then use them to jump off super high to the air and then change them to ice dust shots. I do a barrage of them right at her beneath me freezing whatever was under me.

I then felt a sharp pain on my cheek and I look around and she's still there unscathed.

???: You did pretty good with someone who hasn't even locked aura yet.

She then hit me on the back of the head with her sword knocking me out.