CHAPTER IV

Arthur was staring at his desktop computer for two hours now. His back was already aching for the same position in the past hours. He is trying to find a part time job. But it seems like heaven really love to see Arthur have a hard time because he just couldn't find any job opening for a student like him. Arthur badly need a job right now, his sister's salary at her work isn't enough to sustain their bills, daily expenses and their mother's regular medication. Arthur may already have a part-time job at the convenient store near their neighborhood, but that was not enough to contribute for their family's expenses and to support his studies. Added to the fact that he is senior now, soon he will enter the college. Arthur already has a fixed university to apply to on his mind, but he still needs money for tuition fees and a money for him to survive college life. But the little savings that he has is not enough to support the tuition fee alone, hence the expenses college life has. Arthur was on the verge of giving up when an idea suddenly came on to his mind. As much as he hate the idea and he hates kids, this is his last resort now. With a sigh, he typed a tutor job at the search bar and as if the heaven got tired of his multiple sighs for the past hours, multiple results popped up. Arthur scrolled through the results, trying to find a much better tutor rate when a familiar name appeared on the screen. Arthur was about to ignore it when he saw that the salary rate was above his expectation. Heck, the salary rate is even twice the salary that Arthur earns in the convenient store. Arthur didn't know if the family is pretty desperate for a tutor now or they just love to throw money away, not that he's complaining though. Arthur can see the warning signal on this job but he just can't ignore this opportunity now, not when he badly need a money at his current situation. Besides, Arthur knew the child, and he assumed the child will not recognize him anymore since it's been years already when they saw each other; the child waz still too young back then. He sighed for the hundredth time today and clicked the apply button.

Fuck, y'all really want me to suffer hard huh, as if my situation right now isn't hard enough. He said to no one in particular. Hours passed and Arthur was about to sleep when his phone rang and an unknown number appeared on the screen.

"You better have some good news to say for you to exert an effort to get this number."

"Well hello there to you too, I didn't expect that kind of response from an applicant." The person on the other line said coolly.

Arthur was confused, he pinched his nose bridge thinking that the caller was another scammer. He already had enough of those kind of people

"I'm already sick of you all scammers how many times will I fucking told you I don't like that pyramiding job?!" Arthur exclaimed a little louder on the line.

"Well, I must say first I am not a scammer and second, I am definitely not offering a pyramiding job. I called because a certain Arthur Del Valle applied for a tutor job for my manager's daughter and I supposed that is you?" The person on the other line said calmly. Arthur then realized that the person on the other line was indeed the Vasquez's secretary. He creased his eyebrows confused on why she called him late at night.

"I'm sorry, it's just.. I had a bad day and I thought you're also some of those scammers. I didn't know you will call me this early." Arthur said now calmer this time.

"My, well it's good I was already used to that kind of response."

Of course you are. It's probably music to your ears now. Arthur thought

"Well, I just called to tell you that Madam already saw your application and she said she knew you that is why she asked me to call you immediately."

Arthur already expected that the Vasquez will recognize him, but he is still a little bit sketchy why are they not asking him as to why he is looking for a job and why they already accepted him. Arthur suddenly felt an anxiety when he thought that maybe the Vasquez already knew his situation. And Arthur is pretty sure the Vasquez knew that him and their son are not in good terms right now. But he dismissed his thoughts and decided not to voice out his concern.