CHAPTER XX

Kevin and Arthur's moment on the rooftop was still clear as daylight in Kevin's mind. Kevin can still feel Arthur's soft lips on his lips, the way Arthur struggled to respond at his sudden action first, and then finally gave in to his kiss, Kevin couldn't help but to bite his lip whenever he remembers it. He would be lying if he say he didn't want to kiss Arthur again. It has been three days when Arthur walked out on Kevin after he kissed him, and he didn't show up at school since then. Kevin also stopped coming at Kevin's house to tutor Kate, and no one knows why. Kevin thought Arthur was angry at him, he had the right to feel that, but Kevin knows Arthur wouldn't skip school for three days just to avoid him; they managed to avoid each other for two years even though they are classmates, so Arthur's absence for days just doesn't make sense to him. Kevin even almost tried to call Arthur numerous times. Yes, he asked Jaden for Arthur's number since the boy changed his cell number, but every time he will try to call Arthur or even message him, he always backed out. Kevin didn't know why he is suddenly worried, he didn't if it was his gut feeling, but something in him was definitely telling him that something wrong is going on.

Classes are done and Kevin is on his way to his car to leave the school when he saw Eliz waiting for him beside his car. He stopped for a moment and pinch his nose bridge, he has ben avoiding her after the incident in the corridor. To Kevin, he was done covering and tolerating her petty shits. He released a heavy sigh and walks closer to her, face emotionless. When Eliz saw him walking closer, she wore her best puppy look and Kevin really want to puke here and there on the sight in front of him. He knows it was a fake, the innocent and perfect smile that she showed to everyone, it's fake and he knows it. To everyone, she's an angel, but she is the opposite of that. Kevin and his friends know that, well except for Jun who was whipped by her. He raised his eyebrow when he reached her,

"You are waiting on the wrong car." Kevin says, and Eliz looked at her, eyes brimmed with tears and Kevin automatically rolled his eyes.

"Can we talk? Please let me explain everything. I can explain" Eliz said tears already flowing down her face. And for once, Kevin was in awe. She's a great actress, he was thinking she could get a spot in Hollywood for shedding tears that easily.

"What exactly are you gonna explain? That you didn't mean it? That Jun forced you to kissed him? That you've been cheating on my back for like since the very start? Save your excuses because I don't wanna hear it anymore. I'm done Eliz, we're over." Kevin didn't know why he has put up with her for almost two years. His friends warned him already about her, but he didn't listen, maybe he just like the idea that people called them a power couple at their school, since both of them are social butterflies, even though he didn't love her at all. He tried, but you can't force your heart to love again when it already belongs to someone.

"Please, I love you. Are you just gonna throw those year, months that we've been together? Those memories that we had? Are you just going to throw it all?" Eliz pleads to him, and Kevin is getting tired by the moment, he looks at Eliz's bloodshot eyes and tried to be sincere as possible to his words.

"You perfectly know in yourself that you don't love me. And I hate to say this but I tried to love you, but I just can't. Maybe that is also the reason why you numerously cheat on my back because I couldn't give you the love that you deserve and I'm really sorry for that. I tried Eliz, but thing's didn't really work out with us since the beginning and you know that. Just... let's end this now. You deserve someone who will love and accept you for who you are and I'm sorry I am not that person." Kevin started to be impatient now, he really wants to get inside his car and go home. He is not trying to be an asshole, he just don't have the heart to pity the girl in front of him anymore because he know that Eliz is a hardcore bitch. Kevin looks at her, and he watched her wiped her tears on her face and change her facial expression from being the lost girl to a now bitch face and Kevin just mentally chuckled.