58-September

Vote and comment please!!!

Previously on The Succubus

"We'll work everything out babe, don't stress over it. Just focus on taking things day by day and everything will fall into place as it should when birthday month rolls around" I finished while continuing to soothe her and after getting a sigh in return, I turned my gaze back to the movie where we finished it off and picked another to watch until we eventually had had enough of the couch and went to the bed to watch. From there, Tanya laid to my side with her hands under my shirt as we kept up a peaceful night of movie watching to finish out our day which definitely brought the spirits of the whole house to a better place...

///////////////////////////////////

September 4th
4:19am
Bey POV

"You sleep baby?" I asked Nicki as she laid behind me in a spoon with her head resting on my back. Her arm was around my waist and her hand was mindlessly tracing my veins on my wrist to soothe herself.

"No, I just woke back up when it got closer to the time" she groggily voiced into my back as she stirred and entangled our legs more.

"You ready to get up and go break in this tradition?" I asked quietly while I laced my fingers with hers and rubbed the back of her hand.

"Mhm" She grumbled while nodding her head against my back and from there, she unhooked her arm from around me as we both slowly got up and ventured out of the bedroom. Nicki held my hand as we walked through the dark and she kept looking back at me to make sure I was still with her.

She's made so much progress in the past month that I can't even describe how proud of her I am. She's gotten more vocal and communicative with not just me, but to our family and she's more affectionate now which is a clear sign that she's getting better.

Her nightmares have lessened and the intensity of them aren't as bad. Nicki can now fully self soothe herself by touching me or the babies in her sleep and her attachment issue has gotten better tremendously. She doesn't panic as badly if we're apart and she's gotten SO good at accomplishing tasks by herself.

You can just see her happiness coming back and the light in her eyes is ever so slowly brightening again. I can see hints of the old Nicki coming back and to witness that is so fulfilling as my proudness can't even be measured from how much work she and Tanya have been putting in mentally to get themselves to a better mental state.

Oh and her sound triggers. They're getting so much less panic inducing for her. She's gotten to the point where she doesn't always need her AirPods to block sounds and louder sounds sometimes will make her jump, but won't make her go into a panic attack which is amazing since when Nicki can't breathe it makes her panic harder which in turn causes a never ending panic cycle.

She still has moments where she just needs to sit still and take a minute to calm down from getting triggered, but at least now she can sense a panic attack or sense her body getting scared to which she'll then try and get away from the trigger before her nerves get worse and she spirals.

She's getting more and more control of her life again and is doing her best to get better for not just herself, but her family as well. The babies can sense Nicki getting better and their interaction with her is so adorable, especially Kammy. They're one in the same and all Kam wants to do is smile and make people happy just like her mother.

So imagine how happy Nicki is now that she can give the babies a true first birthday party and me a celebration for turning 357. Nicki told me countless times how heartbroken she'd be if she was the reason why we couldn't do something for our birthdays even after I told her that she shouldn't think like that.