11 | arguments

timothéejune 16

timothée
june 16

the walk was silent. it seemed as though neither one of us knew what to say to fill the time. of course, i expected this— i knew our friendship wouldn't be as it used to in just a few hours, it would take some time, possibly a few weeks. but i really hoped we could get to that point some day. the moment where things wouldn't be awkward anymore, where we can finally have normal conversations and joke around like we once used to.

there seems to be a lot on my mind today. when rosie was texting bryson at the skate rink earlier, i took into account what lucia told me. "too bad he likes rosie." i tried to see if there were any signs, even if small, that maybe she liked him too. she seemed to be smiling the entire time they were messaging but that doesn't automatically mean she was into him that way. i couldn't help and wonder what they were saying to each other that made a smile permanent on her face the whole time.

would there ever be a time when i could make her smile like that? i hope so, i really want to make up for everything i had started and ruined. i wanted our friendship back.

when we're nearing the park, rosie turns her head to me and points to the left where there's a large colorful play structure. "bryson said they're at the playground."

"oh okay." i reply, glancing around the structure to see if i can spot either one of them. at that exact moment, there's a blonde fluffy head that pops up from the top of the twirly slide. "i think that's them." i point.

she grins and nods. "that's definitely finn's big head."

the two of us quickly make our way towards the group. they're all sitting evenly spaced along the entire slide and their faces light up at the sight of us, especially bryson's. maybe i should start paying more attention to him and rosie. mainly because i'm curious to see if lucia was correct, which i doubt she was.

"how was skating?" he asks, reaching into the brown paper bag in his lap and pulling out a crisp pastry with honey drizzled over the top, which he takes a large bite out of.

they must've stopped at aunt april's bakery, hands down the best cafe i've ever stepped foot in. i can recognize their desserts anywhere and that was most definitely one of her infamous honey bites. the locals around here absolutely adored their treats and any tourists that stopped by, did too.

rosie shrugs her shoulders, leaning against the outer edge of the slide. "it was fun." she glances back at me and smiles. "do you want to tell them about your little accident or should i?"

"what accident?" i ask, furrowing my eyebrows. she gives me a look and as soon as i register what she's referring to, i shake my head. "oh no. please don't."