05 | nappy hair

timothéejune 15

timothée
june 15

lucia steps out of the bathroom, fully dressed in a pair of pajamas as she combed through her nappy hair with a uncooperative hairbrush. it's almost been a full day since she had been 'finn'ed' and she still finds lumps of flour, etc.

"i hate you." she cries, as she holds up a large pile of her blonde hair in the palm of her hand. "you're paying for my wig, i hope you know that."

i folded my arms behind my neck, leaning the back of my head against the wall. "it's not my fault you lost."

lucia gives me a death glare. "it's not my fault you and your farm friends have a stupid game."

i begin to chuckle which only makes her face appear angrier and in response, i stop. after we had swam a bit longer in the lake yesterday, lucia had finally gotten a taste of what it's like to be finn'ed. it was fun throwing food at her, i'll admit that. especially because she's my best friend and i know if our positions were switched, she'd be just as amused.

"come on luci, just relax. you'll live."

"yeah yeah," she says. "i guess." after she's brushed through her hair for a few more minutes, despite not being satisfied with how it looks or feels, she jumps onto the bed beside me. "let's watch a movie. how about chicken little?"

i turn my head to her. "you do know there's no netflix here?"

lucia's mouth drops open. "there's no internet?"

"my grandma only has cable." i explain, scratching the side of my face. "and like dvd's and vhs."

"what movies does she have?"

i shrug my shoulders at her question. "no idea."

"i don't know what's worse, my aunt's house or yours."

i can't help but roll my eyes. "you're so dramatic."

lucia sits up and leans her back against the wall, as she turns her head towards me. "alright, let's talk." she claps her hands.

"about what?" i ask.

"oh, i don't know...rosie."

we had barely spoke a word to each other the other day. a part of me felt guilty for practically ignoring her but in all truthfulness, there was nothing i felt like saying to her. i must say though, it's a bit shocking that rosie had kept the 'end of our deal' even years later. i was sure that she had told everyone, at least aria and everly, about our little fling the last summer i was here. but none of them seemed to be aware of it or act like they did.

"um, what about her?"

lucia grins cheekily, poking my arm. "she's really pretty. no wonder you two got together."

"we were just bored." i tell her. "it was hardly anything."

"do you think you'll hook up again, or whatever it is you guys did last time."

that hadn't really occurred to me since i've seen her. from all the years i've known rosie, i've come to learn that she's a very vulnerable and sweet girl. i'll admit— 15 year timothée might have taken advantage of that characteristic of hers. i knew she wouldn't have said no to me. but four years later, i've matured and i wouldn't ever do that to her again.

so i answer truthfully. "no."

lucia's eyebrows raise, like she's shocked from my answer. "hm, if you say so."

"i'm serious!" i say, defensively. "i just want to be friends. i can't stand the awkwardness between us. you know how much i hate that."

she nods her head. "yeah yeah, i know."

"so," i say. "you like finn?"

lucia rolls her eyes. "how did i know you would ask that?"

"i'm just asking....do you?"

"i just met them!" she exclaims, laughing a bit. "he's kind of cute, i guess but the long hair thing isn't exactly my cup of tea."

"his hair isn't that long."

"maybe if he cut it then i'd give him a chance." she says. "your other friend though. now he is cute."

i ask, "bryson?"

lucia nods her head. "mhm. too bad he likes rosie, though."

at her words, i raise my eyebrows confusingly. "what?"

"i said too bad he likes rosie."

"there's no way."

lucia begins to poke into my side, repeatedly as she smirks. "aww, are you jealous?"

i scoff. "i'm not jealous."

"doesn't seem like it."

"i swear," i assure her. "it just doesn't sound right. rosie isn't even his type and she can do way better than him."

lucia purses her lips. "not jealous, hm?"

there's no way that bryson likes rosie. all the summers we've spent together, he's always talked to a lot of different girls and not one of them resembled rosie in the slightest bit. even though i didn't have any say in this and despite bryson being a good friend of mine— rosie could do a hell of a lot better.

maybe i'd ask bryson about it later. just to see how he'd react, like flustered or pure amusement.

"why do you think he likes her?"

she shrugs her shoulders. "i was seeing the way he'd look at her when she wasn't looking." the next thing she says catches me by surprise. "it's almost like the way she looks at you."

please vote and comment!<3

<3