19 | change of plans

timothéejune 26

timothée
june 26

god, i feel like a large weight has been lifted off my shoulders after kissing rosie. even more so when she confessed she'd been feeling the same way as i had been.

just like the day before, i woke up bright and early which is a shocker to both myself and my grandma. when she walks into the kitchen, she finds that i'm there before her. i'm already dressed and eating a bowl of cheerios— i added a good spoonful of sugar to add some flavor. it didn't help much, though.

she looks surprised as her eyebrows raise up at the sight of me. "well, isn't this new. are pigs flying?"

her little joke makes me grin. "ha ha."

"i'm serious." she chuckles. "i don't think i've ever seen you get up this early since, well, ever. does this have to do with a certain girl?"

the spoon falls out of my hand and into the bowl as i look up at her, only to find her watching me from behind the cup of coffee she's sipping on. my grandma likes to act like she isn't aware but she definitely knows a few things and i don't dare bring them up. i can see that mischievous gleam in her eyes and i'm getting the feeling that she knows more about rosie and i than she's letting on.

either way, i choose to play dumb. there's no way i'm admitting anything. "i have no idea what you're talking about."

"is that so?"

"mhm." i move the spoon around the milk, trying to pick up some of the last cheerios.

"cause if i recall," she says. "you got up early yesterday to go see this certain girl."

sighing, i say, "fine. yes, i'm going to see a certain girl but not in that way."

grandma shrugs her shoulders. "i never said it was that way." oh, she's good. "but now i'm getting the idea that it is."

"gram!" i groan, covering my face with the palm of my hands. "this is weird!"

"okay okay, i'll hush up. just....be careful." could this get any more embarrassing? the last thing i wanted was my grandmother to think that i'm partaking in sexual activities. i am, but that's besides the point.

i quickly finish my bowl, milk and everything, and wash it before placing it onto the left side of the sink where the clean dishes were always put to dry.

even though i wouldn't ever admit it, grandma is right. i got up early because i wanted to see rosie again. needed to. after that steamy kiss, there's no way we couldn't finish where we left off.

the way her lips felt on mine, so soft and sweet. the way her legs gripped around my body. those breathy sighs she let out. damn, it's going to take a lot to get this off my mind.

i'm about to set out for rosie's when there's a couple knocks on the front door. a part of me is hoping it's her. i wonder if she's feeling how i am about everything that happened. i swing it open, hopeful to see a pretty face, but instead i'm met with everly.