20 | home alone

timothée chalametjune 26

timothée chalamet
june 26

everly practically drags the two of us around town. we tried asking the others if they wanted to tag along but all of them were busy. finn got a new job as a lifeguard at the community pool, which actually suits him. though, i'm positive he's taking advantage of seeing girls in bikinis all day. bryson was taking his little sisters out for a sibling date. he'd always been an awesome older brother. i remember when he surprised them with a brand new treehouse he built all by himself. and lucia went with her aunt to a barbecue that her husband's family was having.

we talked on the phone this morning a little bit after i woke up. she told me all about how her relationship with her aunt was growing stronger. "we got our nails done and then got facials at some fancy spa out of town. it was so much fun!" lucia had told me, excitingly. hearing her enthuse about this brought a smile to my face.

lucia didn't have the best relationship with her family, on both sides. her connection with her mom has always been strained because she had lucia at a young age and held an unfair grudge against her daughter for taking away her freedom. which explains why lucia loved to act out and live a wild life, almost like she was trying to get her mom's attention. and her father's side was pretty much nonexistent. the second he found out her mom was pregnant, he denied everything and disappeared without a word.

it hurts me to know that lucia is silently hurting. i can read her so much more than she thinks i can. but i try not to bring uncomfortable topics up because i know if she wants to talk to me, she will. i'd never want to put her into a position where she's forced to talk about something that she doesn't want to.

but knowing that she's finally getting that woman, almost motherly, figure in her life makes me glad. lucia didn't tell me too much about why she's never met her aunt before. she briefly said that her mom and aunt had a falling out when they were in their very early twenties and that was it.

point is, everyone's got their own thing going on today which actually isn't bad because that means one less person to bother us later.

"hey, do you remember landon?" everly asks, most likely questioning rosie since i don't really know too many people from their high school.

rosie nods her head as she snorts. "how could i not remember? the guy only tried to get with me all throughout senior year."

this is news to me. i meant, of course, it is. i didn't keep in touch with anyone and vice versa. i'm actually interested to hear more about this landon guy. not in a bitter way, mainly out of pure curiosity. maybe i'll bug rosie about the details later.

"he went to europe after graduation but marie told me she saw him in town today." this time, everly's eyebrows raise and she grins. "she said he looked all kinds of yummy."

i can't help but roll my eyes. is this what girls' conversations consisted of all the time? i mean, i can't say guys' are any better. i'm convinced finn doesn't know how to talk about anything other than his sexual life.