04 | old friends

rosiejune 14

rosie
june 14

aria, everly and i walk down the steps from the front porch of my house towards our bikes that lay underneath one of the trees in the yard. i had called them to come over and explain everything, with timothée being here and him wanting to hang out, like old times.

"i can't believe he's here," aria says.

everly nods her head. "i know right. i thought we'd never see him again."

"i texted the guys already, so they might be there already." aria tells us.

i'm silent as we pick up our bikes and perch ourselves into the seats, pedaling onto the road ahead. it's almost like the girls can sense something's wrong. they share a glance at each other, like they're communicating through their eyes.

the thing is, i had never told them about my little fling with timothée. in fact, no one knew. except for my mom who had caught us kissing one night but i made her swear she wouldn't say a word. that explains the reason she told me to dress cute, earlier. timothée and i promised each other that we'd keep things private, on the down low to avoid causing any possible issues or making things weird. but clearly that failed. because if anything, it's a bit uncomfortable now.

as we ride into the grass, a thin narrow dirt trail leading towards the large tree where we can see the boys sitting, i sigh in relief when i notice that timothée isn't there, yet.

"finally!" finn exclaims, as he tosses a handful of ripped up grass from his hands onto the small patch of dirt.

bryson gently pushes himself off the trunk of the tree and takes a few steps closer towards us. "you guys took your sweet time, huh."

i step off the seat of the bike and let it fall onto the ground, causing a small thud. "i have some news." i say with a grin.

"what?"

everly claps her hands a few times before gripping them together. "you'll never believe it."

finn groans, "just tell us."

just as i open my mouth, ready to explain that our old friends has come back, both of the boys' eyes widen as they stare at something behind me. or should i say, someone. i turn my head around and come face to face with timothée, who has a pretty blonde girl next to him. for some reason, my heart is pounding at what feels like a million beats per minute.

"dude," finn says. "are you serious!" they each go to give him a quick, hug. "i can't believe you're here."

bryson nods his head. "i thought i'd never see you again."

timothée is smiling, lifting his hand and running it through his brown, tousled hair. "i know, man."

the girls squeal as they rush, excitingly, to engulf him into a large three-way hug. "we've missed you so much!" they say in sync.