13 | lies

timothéejune 21, 11:47pm

timothée
june 21, 11:47pm

i adjusted myself as i step back inside, sitting on the couch beside everly who is too busy chugging down a beer to even notice my presence. i look over at rosie. she's next to bryson, again, and they're laughing about something i can't hear from where i am.

i wanted that friendship with rosie, badly.

almost like she can sense my stare, she turns her head in my direction. the second our eyes meet, her lips turn into a flat line before she turns back to bryson. the disappointment i'm feeling is hard to ignore. i wish i could go back in time and do everything differently.

flynn plops next to me. he smacks my thigh and is grinning from ear to ear. "timmo, gimme the details about that chick you snuck away with." he's such a perv sometimes. okay, maybe all the time.

"there's not much to tell," i say truthfully. "i stopped it before it got serious." i'm sure any guy would have jumped straight into action the second dani unbuckled their pants. any guy except me, it seems.

"please tell me you're kidding." when i shrug my shoulders, he groans. "dude, she was hot. what the hell is wrong with you?" i wonder the same thing.

normally, i would have let dani do whatever the hell she wanted with me. but i couldn't explain to flynn that just the sight of rosie catching us was enough to turn my dick limp. i can't even explain it to myself.

"well," he says. "if you're not interested, you mind if i try?" i guess he didn't care about the phrase 'sloppy seconds.'

"go for it, man." flynn whispers yes as he bounces off the couch and makes a beeline to dani. she's standing near one of the entryways with her friend. as soon as flynn goes up to her, she's grinning and looking at him like she wants to devour him right there. it's less than five minutes of them conversing before they walk off in the same direction that she led me.

i can't help but laugh to myself.

everly jumps to her feet. "let's go outside!" she exclaims, ordering bryson to carry the cooler for her. all of us follow her to the back. it's pitch black outside except for the areas illuminated by the torches that are stuck into the ground.

 it's pitch black outside except for the areas illuminated by the torches that are stuck into the ground