02 | reunited

rosiejune 13

rosie
june 13

the sun peeks through the half closed blinds, shining directly onto my eyes like it's purposely trying to wake me up. groaning, i grab another pillow beside my body and slap it over my face, satisfied with the darkness it brought to my view. that is until someone yanks it away from my face.

"hey!" i cry, squeezing my eyes shut as i try to pull the blanket over me.

"get up." my mom says, walking towards the window and separating the curtains further apart until the entire bedroom is lit up. "you need to go to francesca's. it's already almost 8."

sighing, i sit up and squint my eyes due to the brightness. the fact that my bedroom walls were painted a light shade of pink didn't help my case, either. "okay okay." i say, walking to my closet and picking an outfit for the day.

as she walks out of the door, my mom quickly says, "i'd wear something really cute, if i were you." then she's gone.

i can't help but furrow my eyebrows. something cute? i'm going to be doing garden work, not have a fashion show. there must be something she knows that she isn't telling me. either way, i listen, sort of. i'd pester her about it while i'm eating.

while i hurry down the narrow flight of stairs, after brushing my teeth and washing my face of course, i feel a little hand wrap around mine

while i hurry down the narrow flight of stairs, after brushing my teeth and washing my face of course, i feel a little hand wrap around mine. with a smile, i turn my head and pick the tiny child up. "goodmorning brinley."

she brushes the white blonde hair out of her face and leans her head against my shoulder as we continue to walk down the stairs. "braxton is not nice to me."

"why not?" i ask.

"h-he taked all the blanket when i was sleeping."

"well that's not very nice."

brinley shakes her head. "no."

as we walk into the kitchen, where everyone is already sitting at the table, brinley points her finger to braxton. "you are a meanie!"

he begins to giggle. "i'm not a meanie."

i place brinley onto the chair next to him. "uh huh, you tooked all the blanket. i'm telling mommy."