10 | red sunsets & rosy cheeks

rosiejune 16

rosie
june 16

timothée and i sit across from each other at one of the tables near the food bar. he bought us both a slice of pizza, a soda and some fries that we were sharing. even though he didn't ask if i wanted pepperoni or not, my brother was quick enough to make sure i got only cheese. i hadn't told timothée that i became a vegetarian over the time he was gone.

"how's the food?" he asks me, picking up his cup and putting the straw between his lips as he slurped down the soda.

i nod my head in satisfaction. "it's pretty good. the fries here are the best, though."

"i know huh," he agrees. "the fluffy fries are my favorite."

i didn't know what else to say so i force a smile in response and continue to eat the rest of my pizza. thankfully, timothée didn't speak any more either. and though i like that we aren't having a forced conversation, the awkward silence is awful. gosh, make up your mind rosie. do you want him to talk or not?

my phone that is in my back pocket vibrates a few times. i pull it out and turn the screen on, seeing that bryson has messaged me.

"is that the guys?" timothée asks, peering over at my phone. hm, i didn't realize he'd be so nosy.

"it's just bryson..." my thumbs quickly type across the keyboard as i mumble to him, laughing softly.

bryson
are you surviving?

rosie
what do you mean lol

bryson
i can read you a lot better than you think
i could tell u didn't wanna be with him
wanna talk about it?

rosie
its nothing i promise
its been awhile since i've seen him so it's awkward
that's all

bryson
you sure?
do u need me to beat him up for something he did >:o

rosie
omg
that won't be necessary i swear

bryson
you know you can talk to me about anything

rosie
i know bryson and i really appreciate that
but there's nothing wrong

bryson
okay...
we are at the park w the girls
so come over whenever you're ready

rosie
will do

when i turn off my phone and look up, i find timothée's eyes staring at me. we're both a bit shocked— me, because i've caught him and him because he's been caught.

why was he looking at me like that? almost like he was trying to figure something out.

there's a large blush that takes over his entire face as he rubs the back of his neck, coughing awkwardly. "s-so what did he say?" he asks.

"they're at the park and to head over there whenever we want." i pick up the last french fry and pop it into my mouth, humming from how good it tastes.

"do you want to leave now?"

god, please. that's what i wanted to say. "sure." is what i said, instead. we stand up from the table and grab all our trash, throwing it away afterwards.

"i'm gonna say bye to my brother," i say to timothée who nods his head, as he waits at the front doors. i sprint over to rivers and give him a hug goodbye.

"tell mom that i'm gonna stay over at nia's tonight," he tells me as his hand reaches out to ruffle my hair but i'm quick to swat it away from my head. he knows how much i hate it when anyone touches my precious hair.

i furrow my eyebrows. "why can't you tell her yourself?"

"because," he dodges my second hand as he attempts, again, to mess up my hair to which he succeeds. in response, i whine and he laughs. "my phone died like an hour ago."

"oh okay, i will. love you."

"love you too."

when we're outside, the sun has gone down quite a bit. it should start to set in an hour or two. the sky has become a pretty combination of a soft shade of red and orange, leaving no trace of blue left from the hours before. it's almost as if we're on another planet. both timothée and i look up in awe, admiring how beautiful it is.

"wow," he says. "i missed these sunsets. i missed...a lot."

i find a small part of me wishing he was talking about me, as one of the things he missed. i imagine taking over his thoughts, him thinking of the things we had done before he left. my cheeks burn up in embarrassment yet arousal at the thought as those memories begin to resurface. but the possibility of that being true is slim to none, more none than anything. "nothing beats a sunset in the countryside...come on, let's go." i tell him.

timothée glances away from the sky and to me, a small smile on his face as he nods his head. "okay."

please vote and comment!<3

<3