22 | jumping out a window

timothéejune 26

timothée
june 26

my legs are beginning to cramp up.
i've been in here for what seems like hours, but i know it's only been about 15 minutes.

when rosie opens the front door and i hear "rosie, we are gonna have a movie night!" i gently throw my head back and let out a very quiet groan of frustration. of all days, it just had to be today?

things had been going great. it was beginning to feel like rosie and i were getting more comfortable around one another. she was laughing and making jokes. it was satisfying to hear her sweet laughter.

and don't even get me started on what went down on the couch. goosebumps rise across my arms at the thought of it. i relax my chin on my knees and sigh, remembering the way her lips felt on mine. they were soft, plump and alluring.

i'm not able to make out what they're saying, but i can recognize the voices of finn and bryson. soon after, all their footsteps grow louder as they pass by the closet i've been stuffed into and towards the kitchen or living room, i assume.

minutes pass by, bringing my attention back to how long i've been stuffed in this closet, which by the way, is far too small for my 5'10 self.

i check my cellphone and confirm that it's been about 15 minutes, give or take. i thought that rosie would have snuck away by now to come check up on me, but she hasn't. i'll try not to take it personally.

after some time, i decide to lean my head against the rack, adjusting until it fits comfortably on the vamp of someone's shoe. and before i know it, my eyes close.

i'm awoken abruptly by a loud bang. my eyes shoot open and i realize the whole rack, itself, has fallen apart most likely due to the weight i applied to it. and in result to that breaking, the vacuum that is leaning against it falls and hits against the door.

"fuck!" i curse softly, picking up the shoes that are all over my lap now.

"what was that?" everly's voice asks from afar, but close enough that i can catch it.

"uh, let me go check." rosie says, i imagine her standing to her feet and making her way over here.

"i'll go with you." bryson tells her.

"no, it's fine. it'll be really quick."

i find myself staring at the door, until it slowly opens and a couple of shoes spill out and at rosie's feet. she glances behind her, quickly, before turning back to me.

"what happened?" she whispers, kneeling down to place them back into the closet.

i glare at her. "what does it look like?" i realize how grouchy i must sound, but hey, can you blame me?

"i know...i'm sorry." she frowns, automatically making me feel bad for snapping at her. "i don't know how to make them leave."

my face softens up as i look at her, biting my lip. "we just need to come up with a excuse that gets me here."