14 | bad memories

timothéejune 22

timothée
june 22

lucia and i are sitting on the rocking chairs that my grandma had on her porch. the sun is setting so the heat isn't unbearable for us. she came back to my house after the party last night.

i left before she did, much to my dismay. i didn't like leaving her alone at parties like that just because i didn't trust anyone. but she insisted she was fine and ordered me to go home since i'd been complaining about being tired. it was, maybe, two in the morning when she called to tell me that she was outside and to hurry since she was freezing her ass off.

she lifts her legs up and sits criss-crossed on her seat. i notice as she fiddles with her fingers. i can tell when she has something on her mind but i don't say anything. "hey," she starts. "promise you won't get mad at me."

i furrow my eyebrows together. "uh, what do you mean?"

"just promise me."

"what the hell did you do luci?"

she sighs and closes her eyes as she spits out, "i had sex with flynn."

her words make my eyes widen. i can't say i'm shocked, though. i had a feeling they'd make a move on each other at some point. but i'm still a little confused. "but wasn't he with that dani girl the rest of the night?"

her eyes are still squeezed shut in disappointment. oh no. i think i know where this is going. "she was there too." no fucking way. "we...we had a threesome."

i can't help myself. i start to laugh. lucia glares at me until her face softens up and soon we're both cracking up. she reaches over and smacks my arm. "stop laughing at me!"

i wipe the tears that come from my eyes. "i'm sorry. that's just too funny." once i calm down, i exhale deeply. "damn. i haven't even had one yet. what was it like?"

she smirks as she nods her head. "i definitely understand the big hype about them now."

my best friend is definitely a daredevil. she's always been one since we were kids. despite being the opposite genders, we're very close so we often tell each other our stories when we go out with people. so i know that she's tried anal, and i clowned her big time about that one, and she knows that i got tied up once. whenever we see a rope, she'll tease me and say 'bring up memories?'

"i'm not even going to ask how it lead up to that."

lucia pouts. "aw, come on. you don't want the explicit details?" when i shake my head, she smacks her lips. "where's my best friend because this sure as hell isn't him."

i roll my eyes. "oh shut up."

this time she raises her brows and wiggles them, a talent that i tried once but she made fun of me quickly after. "oh i'm not shutting up yet. what's going on with you and rosie? i saw the sexy eyes you guys were giving each other."

a scoff comes from my mouth. sexy eyes? yeah right. "you're crazy. we aren't like that. we were just talking."

"mhm," lucia says. "talking while looking like you guys wanted to rip each other's clothes off right there."

i can't tell if lucia is messing with me to get a reaction or if it truly did look that way last night between rosie and i. "i'm telling you, it's not like that." i assure her. "we're just friends...if even that."

"i think you should try again with her." she admits, shrugging her shoulders.

"why?" i ask. i didn't agree with lucia on this one. i couldn't see a relationship blossoming with rosie. i'm only here for the summer so it would need to end which would result in another heart breaking. i didn't want a repeat of that.

and if i remember correctly, rosie catches feelings fast. say we were to strictly just fool around, no strings attached, i'd have to break her heart again.

"i don't know. you guys look cute together, that's all. and also, we're young."

"do i really need to remind you? i just got out a relationship. one that i really thought was going to last." lucia bites her lip and i know she feels bad now. "i can't just move on that fast. especially not with rosie. i can't use her again."

lucia's mouth turns down into a frown. "i'm sorry timmy, i didn't mean to-"

"it's fine." i cut her off. "it's just...i still love her. even if she did break my heart." on this exact day last year, i took amelia on a date. we said we loved each other for the first time.

as if on cue, my phone that's on my lap buzzes. i look down at the lit screen and feel my chest tighten. i want to throw it as far as i can. google photos — memory from june 24, 2018. beside the notification is a photo. amelia is in my arms as i kiss her cheek. the biggest smile on her face. i remember she was too scared to ask a stranger to take the picture for us. damn it, we were so happy. i don't know what happened. where did it all go wrong?

it's like lucia can sense the strong pain i'm feeling now. she leaps off the rocking chair and holds her hand out for me. "forget that bitch." i chuckle. "she doesn't know what she lost. let's go hang out with the guys."

i grin, as i try to push amelia to the very very back of my mind. "the guys huh? i have a feeling you're starting to like it out here in the country."

she nods her head. "yeah," she agrees. "i think i am."

it makes me happy to hear that. our lives in new york were so fast paced. living in the country makes you realize that time doesn't always need to be rushed; to live in the moment. lucia was always partying so much and got out of hand more than she liked to admit. i think being around nature will be good for her mental health. it'll remind her to take it easy sometimes.

i grab her hand and she drags me away.

just a little filler chapterbut you get to see moreof timothée and lucia's friendship!

but you get to see more
of timothée and lucia's friendship!

please vote & comment <3