Prologue + Playlist

Disclaimer: I do not own the miraculous universe or story, I only own this fanfiction and the plot. The timeline in this is not equal to the show, there are some differences. This fanfic includes curse words, panic attacks, references to anxiety and depression, little self harm scenes. If this triggers anyone, I won't recommend it if you are sensitive to any of these subjects.

For those who are going to read it, I really hope you enjoy this fanfic!

———————

Dedication

For those who love this TV Show

———————

Playlist (to make your experience reading this book so much better, because it kinda sucks)

- Another love by Tom Odell
- As the world caves in by Matt Maltese
- Where's my love by SYML
- Build a Home by The Cinematic Orchestra
- Favorite crime by Olivia Rodrigo
- Washing Machine Heart by Mitski
- Enough for you by Olivia Rodrigo
- In my head by Bedroom
- Je te laisserai des mots by Patrick Watson

...

Hope Marshall was a normal 15 year old girl. 

The afternoon was clear like a musical note. The birds didn't sang at the breeze of the wind, the clouds were slightly clumsy, matching the weather of that simple day. It seemed like a normal day, as usual, nothing really happened in that small town.

Hope got home from school and there wasn't anyone in the house, like normally. Her brown hair swung off loose above her shoulders as she took off her mask. She made her way to her bedroom, the pandemic was still alive for her unfortunate luck. It was Friday night and she was exhausted from school, she had a lot of tests and things to do, it was stressing her out, go to bed and sleep in order to all her problems to go away, seemed like the perfect solution, at least temporarily.

Friday, 27th of October of 2016

After a few hours, she wakes up, she looks around and notices that she is not in her bedroom anymore, she started to freak out, what was going on? She looked around, the room where she was, looked weirdly familiar, then she just realized, she was in Marinette's bedroom, the Bedroom who belonged to a fictional character, from her favorite show. Was she delusional?

Sure, it was a kid's show and she was 15. Somehow that TV series made for toddlers made her feel special, like she mattered in some way, it gave a type of comfort her family or friends could never, it looked silly for anyone, for her, it was an escape.

"What the heck am I doing here?", she thought to herself, taking endless turns around the room. Wandering, she pinched herself to confirm that she was dreaming, apparently, she was not. She thought this was some kind of twisted dream she was having, she went to sleep some minutes ago, what was she doing here anyway?

She looked in the mirror to see if anything on her had changed, she looked animated, like the characters in the show she loved. She didn't know if she should be happy or terrified for that, but it didn't really matter.

"I'm in Marinette's bedroom, what can I do? Oh, I know, I know! I'm going to see her Adrien's shrine."  - she thought to herself, running into the direction of the wall to satisfy her curiosity. She stared at the pictures of him for a long time, until she heard someone opening the door, she was screwed. Glancing at the door, she found a Marinette standing awkwardly in front of her. Marinette swallowed while they stared at each other for a while, a strange silence invaded the space, and then, Marinette decided to ask.