12. Not the f word again

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains a small self-harm scene and cursing, for those who are sensitive to any of these subjects I suggest you not to read it!

For those who are going to read it, enjoy the chapter!

----------

Saturday, 5th of February of 2017

It's been 3 months. 3 long months since Hawk Moth fell. The past months have been harsh. Adrien has awoken multiple times because he was having nightmares about that night, the night where they theoretically had achieved their goal to defeat the battle, but, he knew his bastard father was right, in the end of the day, Gabriel would always win, no matter how the story ends, there was always going to be more scars to heal and wounds to put a bandage on, and several other stories to put a 'Lived happily ever after', even if it never happened. There was always going to be something left of that terrifying day.

The trauma still belonged in his memory, haunting him every day every hour. Marinette has been helping him go trough it. If she didn't stick to his side until this day, he would probably be dead by now. He couldn't just go to therapy and tell he was Chat Noir and that he had just defeated his evil father, who had a master plan of trying to bring Adrien's mother back from a magical hocus pocus coma. He had visited his mother twice a week to check her well being and verify how she was doing at the hospital.

He had to go to court to testify against his father, and the jury needed to verify where he was going to live now that he was practically an orphan and a minor. He had an aunt Amelie Graham de Vanily and a cousin, she wasn't available to take his custody because she was constantly travelling around the world and the jury decided that what Adrien needed right now in his life was a little bit of stability.The Dupain-Cheng family willingly adopted him and let him stay with them until he was an official adult and could move out of their house. They greeted him with open arms as he was part of their family by blood, and the blond boy couldn't be more grateful to receive that type of affection from anyone.

Living now with the Dupain-Cheng's family, the Agreste Mansion was sold. He was staying in the guest's room that was now his bedroom. Marinette's parents helped him decorate the way he wanted and desired.He didn't place charges on Nathalie, he talked to her in the first month, and they agreed to go on with their lives. Adrien still felt betrayed about what Nathalie had done, while, another part of him comprehended she had done it for love.

The Butterfly Miraculous was still gone and they had absolutely no idea where to find it, by now they had mostly given up searching for it, 3 months and nothing. Hope helped them look for it, then again she couldn't find a single thing too.

"At what time is the wedding?" - Marinette asked Adrien next to her, who was standing with his legs crossed seated in her pink bedroom carpet. Nino's mom was getting married and he was about to have a stepfather. He tried to help Adrien along the months and still persevered by his side. His relationship with Alya was intact, they were still together after all they've been through, they were definitely a role model to Adrien and Marinette.

"At four. Nino and Alya will meet us at the church."

"Oh okay." - she responded with a little smile thanking him for informing her.

Hope entered the room without knocking and stared at them.

"I'm sorry if I'm interrupting something, I just came by to tell you lunch's ready." - Hope warned with a cringed look in her face.