𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚 ➪ 𝘽𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙁𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨

May 12, 1969
5 weeks

When I emerged from the bathroom after showering that night, Paul was laying in bed, a notebook open on his lap. His head was hanging low over it, his right hand buried in his hair. His left hand was tapping a pencil against the paper.

"Whatcha workin' on?" I asked him, dropping the towel in my hand into a laundry basket and going to sit down. I scooted over next to him, laying my head on his shoulder so I could get a good look at his paper.

"Some fuckin' song," he responded. "I can't figure out what else to put with it, though."

I read over the lyrics on the paper.

Her majesty's a pretty nice girl
But she doesn't have a lot to say
Her majesty's a pretty nice girl
But she changes from day to day

I wanna tell her that I love her a lot
But I gotta get a bellyful of wine
Her majesty's a pretty nice girl
Someday I'm going to make her mine

"Hmm," I hummed. "How about you just leave it like that, then?"

"But it wouldn't even be fucking minute long," he argued.

"Well, I don't care. I like it just like that."

He looked at me with an apprehensive look. "Really?"

I nodded. "Put it at the end of the album. Maybe don't even list it on the record." I shrugged. "Change it up just a bit."

Paul finally sat the notebook aside and we both laid down under the covers. "Alright," he said.

I put my arms around him and pulled myself closer to him. I needed to feel him. I still had nervousness swirling in my stomach and he was the only thing that made me feel better.

He began to run his fingers through my hair. "Tell me what's on your mind," he said quietly.

"Oh, don't be silly. You know what's on my mind."

"I wish I could make you feel better," he said.

"You can," I replied. "Well, you already do. Just being here. It helps me more than you'll ever know."

He leaned closer and I felt his lips against my skin, causing my eyes to flutter closed. "Does this help?" he asked me, his breath tickling me.

I nodded, unable to form a coherent sentence.

"Yes? Can you tell me out loud? Hard to understand you when you don't speak."

"Y-yes," I replied. "That helps."

"Brilliant," he said, placing his lips on mine. "Because I'm not stopping."

May 13, 1969

"You're sure that you're alright with this?" I asked Paul as I pulled my hair up into a ponytail.

Paul smiled. "Of course, I'm okay. I'm gonna go to Ringo's and Mary can play with Zak and Jason. We'll have a great time!"

I grinned and leaned up to place a kiss on his lips. "I'm sorry it was such short notice. I only got the call this morning."

"Oh, I know. Don't you worry."

I was meeting with Caroline today for lunch. I hadn't seen her for quite some time, so it was going to be nice to see her again.

"Okay, well, I'll be over there after we're done, alright?"