𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 ➪ 𝘼𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙒𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙐𝙣𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙪𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜

July 13, 1969
14 weeks

I woke up with a good feeling. Today was Paul and I's second wedding anniversary! I couldn't believe that it had already been two years since we had gotten married. I remembered it just like it was yesterday. Everyone was so happy...well, everyone except for the fans that were outside crying, that is.

I rolled over in bed. Paul was still sleeping beside me, so I leaned over and began to place kisses up and down his face, hoping to wake him. After a few moments, I succeeded. His eyes fluttered open and he tried to grasp reality for a moment before he smiled. "Good morning, my love," he said to me, reaching his hand over to cup my cheek in his hand. "Two years later and you're still as beautiful as the day I married you," he said cheekily, causing me to giggle.

"Do you really mean that?" I asked.

"Of course I do!" he said. "How are you feeling this morning? I've got a lovely day planned for us, alright?"

I smiled. "I feel quite alright, actually." Even though I was now past the first trimester, my morning sickness had not really gotten much better. At least now it wasn't every day, I supposed.

"I'm very happy to have this little baby here with us right now," he told me, his hand grazing my belly under the covers. We had finally told his family about the pregnancy about two weeks ago, which was certainly a good thing because now I was far too big to even try and hide my stomach. At least now I was to the point where I could justifiably wear maternity clothes. Up until a few weeks ago, I was too big for my clothes and too small for maternity clothes. It was truly a horrible place to be in. Thank God it was over.

"Are you?" I teased.

He grinned from ear to ear. "Reminds me of how much we fuckin' love each other."

I giggled. "I can see that," I mused.

"Ringo's gonna watch Mary," he told me. "I forgot to tell you. Talked to 'im in the studio about it the other say."

I nodded. "She loves to go see him, doesn't she." I grinned.

"He's good with kids," Paul responded. "If I were a child, I'd want Ringo to babysit me. He's a nice guy!"

I chuckled. "Well, I guess it's good we have him, isn't it?"

"Yes, it is." I watched as his face fell slightly and I reached forward to brush my fingers through his long hair. "I worry about Ringo," he admitted.

"How so?" I asked.

"Well...I don't know." He shook his head. Then, he nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck. "I just can't believe the Beatles are almost over," he said sadly. "The Beatles has been everything for me since I was a bloody teenager. Crazy to think that it's just...ending."

"Oh, Paul, now is really not the time to be thinking about this," I said with a light-hearted laugh, untangling bits of his hair. "I like your hair like this, you know," I told him.

"Do you? You don't think I look like a homeless person?"

"The pants you're wearing probably costed more than I did for the first three years of my life," I teased.

He chuckled and I felt his lips pressing against my skin softly. "Ringo said he can keep Mary overnight. Said we need time to properly celebrate our anniversary," he said quietly, and I could hear the wide, cheeky grin on his face just through the tone he was using.

I giggled. "Really?"

"Yes, really," he replied.

"Mummy? Daddy?"

Paul pulled away from my neck. "I think that means we have to get up now," he said finally. "But we'll continue this tonight, after our date day."

I giggled. "I'm looking forward to it," I cooed.

"Mummy!"

ꕥ ꕥ ꕥ

"Where are we going, Paul?" I asked for about the hundredth time. He knew I hated surprises. I don't know what he expected me to do when he told me he was taking me somewhere and I couldn't know where.

"Nuh-uh-uh!" he said, wagging his finger in my direction without taking his eyes off the road. "Not yet, love."

We had taken Mary to Ringo's and immediately began driving. Mary had been thrilled when she found out that she got to have a sleepover with "Uncle Ritchie!" and Ringo and Maureen seemed very happy to take her in for the night.

I was getting quite antsy now. Where the hell was he taking me? "You really won't tell me?"

"I'm afraid that would spoil the surprise, wouldn't it?" he responded, looking over at me with a smile. "Just trust me, alright?" he added, reaching over to turn up the radio. As usual, he knew exactly what song was playing even though I had never heard it in my entire life. For a few minutes while the song played, I was finally quiet as I listened to the lyrics. The more I listened, the more familiar it sounded.

I pulled into Nazareth, was feelin' about half past dead
I just need some place where I can lay my head
"Hey, mister, can you tell me where a man might find a bed?"
He just grinned and shook my hand, "no" was all he said

Paul began to drum against his steering wheel as the song flew into the chorus.

Take a load off Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off Fanny
And you put the load right on me
You put the load right on me

"Hey, isn't this that band George was squealing about when he came back from America last year?" I asked Paul and he nodded, not taking a break from his song to provide me with any—y'know—words.

I listened as he finished off the song and looked over at me with a wide smile. "How was that?" he asked me teasingly, turning the radio back down as an announcer began to talk.

I chuckled. "That was good," I told him, leaning back against the seat and putting my hands to my stomach over my sundress. "I could really go for some more strawberry fool right now," I said with a cheeky grin. That had become my craving. Ever since we'd gone to my parents, it had been about all I could think about. Paul found a place just down the road that sold it, and it was good. It was usually in the middle of the night that I'd suddenly start craving it and Paul would grumble and sigh, but in the end he'd always go and get me some.

"Well, I have no idea where you're going to get any right here," he said with a crooked grin.

"You know, I'm feeling kinda tired," I told him, leaning my head against the window. He looked over at me with a curious look.

"In a good way, right?"

"What's the good way to be tired? I don't wanna be tired, yet I am 95% of the time now."

"Well, how about you rest up? We've still got a little while until we arrive."

"Alright," I responded, closing my eyes and listening as Paul hummed along with what was now on the radio, a song called "Pinball Wizard" that was played by The Who.

About halfway through the song, I was on the verge of falling asleep when a sharp sensation from inside my stomach startled me awake again.

Paul immediately looked over at me in concern. "What the hell was that?" he asked as I ran my hands along my stomach, sighing because I had been so close to sleep. For a moment, my brain was hazy with sleep and even I didn't know what that had been, but then it dawned on me. Was that the baby? I was feeling it kick so much earlier than I had with Mary, if that's even what it was. "Huh?" Paul spoke up again. "What was it?"

I smiled as I liked over at him. "I think this baby's learning to kick its little legs," I teased and his lips spread into a wide, toothy grin immediately.

"Always with the unfortunate timing, our kids are," he quipped.