𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 ➪ 𝙁𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙏𝙬𝙤

YALL AM I LITERALLY DEAD LMFAO I WAS DRIVING AND IGNORED MY ALARMS😭🤚🏻

December 13, 1969

When the ambulance had finally arrived, both babies were already here, but it hadn't been very long. They immediately helped us cut the umbilical cords and move quickly to get us to a hospital.

As soon as I'd been situated in a hospital bed, I fell asleep.

The room was bright and sunny when I woke up again. Paul was on the phone in the corner of the room and I could see Mary asleep on a couch under the window.

For a moment, I didn't know where I was or how I'd gotten here, but then I remembered the events of last night and reached up to rub the sleep from my eyes. Was this even real? It didn't feel like it.

"Paul?" I asked. "Where are they? Are they okay? When can we leave?"

Paul's head jerked over in my direction when he heard me speaking. He bid farewell to whoever was on the phone and hung it up, coming over to me. He sat down on the bed beside me and smiled, reaching forward to brush his fingers through my hair. "Yes, they're okay," he said. "They're being watched closely, though since they came so early, but the doctor told me that they're bigger than babies usually born at 34 weeks, so that's a good sign. He says they'll be alright."

"Well, do I get to bloody see them? I am their mother, after all. They need me, not some damn doctor I've never even met," I grumbled.

He chuckled. "Oh, Juliette." He leaned forward and pressed a kiss against my forehead. "Don't I get a thank you? A good job? I delivered those babies in our bathtub!"

I smiled finally. "Good job, Paulie, my dear," I said teasingly. "Do I get one too? I'm the one that pushed them out of my damned vagina." I smirked.

Paul chuckled. "Thought I used my telepathy powers to get that message to you a long time ago," he mused.

"Well, tell me now," I said. "Doesn't hurt you to say it a few more times, does it?"

"You were phenomenal," he said finally. "So strong."

I smiled. "Can I get a kiss?" I asked him, puckering my lips jokingly. He complied with the request and my brain swirled with serenity. "Sorry I yelled at you so much," I said to him. "Think it might have been the stress."

He shook his head, dismissing me with a wave of his hand. "I was expecting worse!" he told me with a laugh. "I love you," he said finally, smiling so gently, and his eyes were filled with the emotion he'd just confessed he was feeling.

"I love you too," I responded.

"And, just so we're really clear this time and there aren't any mixed signs this go around, I do really hope this isn't our last birth," Paul said with a grin.

I giggled. "I hope it's our last chaotic one, though," I told him. "No more rolling up to the hospital with the baby about to fall out or the baby actually coming out before we can even leave the house."

"I told you those contractions weren't Braxton Hicks," he said with a frown. "And guess who didn't listen?" Before I could offer up a rebuttal, we were summoned by a voice across the room.

"Daddy?" Paul and I both looked over to see Mary sitting up, rubbing her eyes. When she noticed I was awake, she smiled. "Mummy!"

Paul went and took her into his arms, bringing her over to me. He laid her down in the bed next to me and I gave her a big hug. "I love you," I said to her happily.