𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚 ➪ 𝙄 𝙒𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙋𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙡𝙚𝙨, 𝙉𝙤 𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙜𝙣𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙮, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙔𝙤𝙪

I promise these babies are gonna make their first appearance very soon! This will just be a funny little filler before everything goes crazy again ;)

December 10, 1969
34 weeks

The air around us was cold, but Paul and I were cuddled up together under the covers on our bed, and that helped immensely. Paul's arms wrapped around me, his hands running along my stomach. As I got deeper into my pregnancy, the babies' movements became less frequent. I had been assured that this wasn't a bad thing at all. The babies were—as it turns out—running out of room in my uterus, and so they couldn't move around as much as before. And, they were getting lower and giving my lungs more room! It was getting so much easier to breathe again!

I squirmed around again as I felt another contraction. They were starting to get a lot worse, and it was making me incredibly nervous even though I knew that there was nothing really to be worried about. I just couldn't help it!

"Another one, love?" Paul asked quietly, his breath tickling the back of my neck as he spoke.

"Yeah," I said. "Another one. They really hurt."

"I'm sorry," he said gently. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Hey, y'know what?" I said thoughtfully. "Remember when I was pregnant with Mary, that one night when the contractions were too bad? We put a warm washcloth on my belly, and it helped. Can we do that again?" I asked hopefully.

Paul nodded and moved, sitting up. I sat up too, stroking my belly as I felt another contraction. "Of course, we can," Paul said with a smile. "Or, if you'd like it better, I could just run you a warm bath. You can relax for a little while. Don't tell her, but you could always borrow some of Mary's bubble bath soap." He smirked and I giggled.

"That actually sounds pretty nice," I told him. "But, I've just got one more request."

"Yeah?" Paul said. "Go on and tell me, then," he urged.

"Can I have a buddy to share it with?" I smiled hopefully and Paul immediately returned the expression.

"Only if that buddy is me," he replied, standing up and going over to my side of the bed, gingerly taking me by the hand. "Is that who you had in mind, then?"

"No, I was thinking more along the lines of that grocer at that one store down in town we like. That alright?" I smirked.

"Cheeky," he responded, pulling me to my feet and kissing me on the forehead. "Let's go run that bath," he said. "And how about those bubbles?"

"We just can't let her find out we stole some, okay?" I grinned. "Ooh, and go get me some of those shortbread cookies I'm gettin' a little peckish again already."

"Got it," he said. "I'll get some cookies, some towels, and some--."

"Water! I can't drink alcohol, so let's go with the next best thing!" I smiled triumphantly as I plugged the bathtub drain and turned the water on, adjusting the temperature so that it wasn't too hot or too cold. I needed it to be just right. "And, I will just..." Another contraction hit and I held up a finger to tell him to give me a minute. He stared at me with a raised eyebrow for a moment before I smiled again. "I will get the bath ready," I finished my sentence when the pain subsided, giving him an encouraging smile.