𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧 ➪ 𝙊𝙡𝙙 𝙁𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙

Sorry for the delay...yer girl was workin so hard at her JoB😍🤚🏻

September 25, 1969
23 weeks

I slipped a grey sweater on over my head and looked in the mirror.

"Aww, you look so pretty!" Paul said as he stepped into the room, coming up behind me and rubbing his hands along my baby bump. "What did I do to deserve such a gorgeous lady?" He gave me a kiss on the cheek as my heart swelled in joy.

"I definitely feel underdressed," I said. "You know, for a movie premiere."

"Nonsense," he responded dismissively. "You're perfect!"

"Is Helen still gonna babysit for us?" I asked him and he nodded. "Heaven sent, she is," I responded with a giggle. "Dunno what we'd do without her." I looked up at Paul and noticed a look on his face that made me a little nervous. He continued to stare at me in the mirror, his fingers moving across my belly absently. "What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I can't stop thinking about me coming home the other day," he admitted. "I still think Mary is upset about it. I'll never fucking forgive myself for making her so upset."

I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck. His hands shakily found a spot on my lower back. "She's not upset," I told him. "I know she isn't."

"I feel like I let her down still."

"You did," I said bluntly and he sighed. "But she trusts you. She trusts you won't do it again."

"I don't want to," he said. "But I'm scared I will."

"Don't go out and drink your head off," I told him sternly. "Then, you've got nothing to worry about." I pulled away and tied his tie up. Then, Mary entered the room.

"Uncle John here!" she said enthusiastically.

"Uncle John?" Paul said, reaching for her when his tie was secured. He lifted her up and rested her on his hip. I followed him as he left the room and went downstairs. John was standing in our foyer, quite a somber look on his face. Paul adjusted Mary, looking quite uncomfortable. He hadn't seen John since he'd revealed he was leaving the band. I was sure he was pretty mad at him. He wouldn't yell in front of Mary, though.

"H-hey, John," Paul said slowly. "What are you doing here? We're about to leave."

"I know," he said. "But, I wanted to talk to you. We are still best mates right?" Mary squirmed in Paul's arms and he say her onto the floor. Martha came up to her with a ball in her mouth and Eddie raced through her legs, making a beeline for the back door. I took a quick glance at Paul, then took Mary by the hand and we went towards the door after Eddie and Martha, leaving John and Paul alone.

Paul's POV

I heard the back door close as Juliette and Mary made it outside, then sighed.

"What do you need, John?" I asked. "We've got to leave in a little bit." I couldn't believe that Yoko wasn't attached to him at the hip. It seemed like I hadn't ever seen him alone since he had left Cynthia for Yoko. She was usually always around.

"Yoko's pregnant again," he said quietly.

"That's great, John," I said. I knew they really wanted a baby, and though my heart broke for poor Julian, I was still happy for him.

"But she's on bed rest since she miscarried last year." He looked up to meet my eyes and I saw desperation hidden in the shades of brown. His face displayed lines. He looked years older than he actually was. Fame had taken its toll on him. Sometimes I feared that it was too much for him. I knew his past. I'd known the man since I was bloody fifteen. He'd been through so much hell and he was only twenty-nine. He wasn't even thirty yet. "They're really worried," he continued. "And so'm I."