𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 ➪ 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙍𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙈𝙮 𝙇𝙞𝙛𝙚

July 13, 1969
14 weeks

"Where are we?" I asked Paul groggily. It had been his hands that had gently nudged me awake just moments ago and I was still trying to get a grip on the world around me again.

"Richmond," he responded. We were parked somewhere, but the radio was still playing, I could tell.

"Richmond?" I asked. "Why?"

"Because we're gonna have a day in the park. That alright with you?" he replied with a smile that I couldn't possibly say no to.

I smiled back. "Of course it is," I responded. "As long as there are lots of benches. I can't stand all day long, you know," I warned.

"I made sure there was," he responded. "Don't I know you so well?" He grinned.

"Aww, you're so sweet," I said, leaning over the console to kiss him on the lips. "I love you."

"Well, I love you too," he replied, thankful for my kiss. "But, I figured first you'd want some lunch, so I found a nice restaurant nearby."

"Well, don't you just know me so well?" I replied. "I'm starving."

"Unlikely story," he mused. "You just ate two hours ago."

"Shhh," I replied, reaching over to put my finger to his lips. "Feed me!"

He reached up and took my hand, bringing it down to place a dramatic kiss on it. "You're just as beautiful as you were the day I first met you," he told me before getting out of the car and hurrying over to open my door.

"Do you even remember what I looked like the day we first met?" I cocked an eyebrow. "We were both drunk as hell."

"I remember what you left looking like," he said with a wink. "I remember everything about you, my love."

I blushed. "Such a charmer," I mused. "I suppose that's why I sat down with you that night, huh?"

He chuckled. "I really knew how to draw the ladies in," he teased.

"That's called being a womanizer," I told him with an eye roll as he took me by the hand and helped me stand up.

"But then I met you and I realized that all that sleeping around was dragging me the hell down and I only needed you to be happy."

"That was probably the most unromantic romantic thing I've ever heard. Glad I could cure your serial horniness, McCartney." I rolled my eyes again.

"I'm glad you did. I was on the road to a sad and lonely life if I kept that shit up."

"You know when you think about it," I said as Paul looped his arm through mine and led me towards the restaurant he had taken me to. "It was Mary that made this all happen."

He nodded. "Imagine if you'd never gotten pregnant," he said.

"I'd have never bloody spoke to you again because I was so pissed."

"Mary's timing wasn't really ideal," Paul said. "But think of how much would be different now if you'd never had her."

"We'd never have each other."

Silence.

"Well, I suppose everything happens for a reason, right?" Paul smiled at me.

I nodded. "Even things that seem like they are going to ruin your life can actually make your life so much better."

"I love you," Paul said to me. "And I love Mary," he went on. "And I love our newest family member." He reached over with his free hand and patted my stomach. "The baby is the size of a peach this week," he told me. "Did you know?"