𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 ➪ 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙇𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝘼𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡𝙨

May 17, 1969
5 weeks

"How do I look?" I asked Paul, glancing at myself in the mirror. "Not too pudgy, right? The dress isn't too tight? You can't tell that I'm slightly bloated, can you?" I looked at him anxiously. "I really need to eat less." I frowned.

Paul came up behind me and put his arms around me, placing a line of kisses along my neck and resting his hands on my stomach. "Nonsense. You look beautiful," he replied, smiling at me in the mirror.

I couldn't help but smile back. "Really?"

"Of course, you do. You always do!" I turned around and tied his tie. He adjusted his cream suit jacket and made a gesture with his hands. "How do I look?" he asked.

"Handsome," I quipped.

He smiled, but then his features clouded over in concern. "Are you sure you're feeling alright now?"

I rolled my eyes. "I haven't puked in at least an hour-and-a-half! I feel like I could rule the bloody world!" I smiled at Paul. "I'm going to this. Caroline has been trying to get another gallery to show her art for months! Maybe this one will keep her as a regular!"

Finally, Paul smiled again. "Oh, I know you wanna go," he said, leaning down to place a kiss on my cheek.

"Now, go get your daughter," I told him. "We need to get going."

"Ah, yes. Let me do that. I'll meet you downstairs, alright?"

ꕥ ꕥ ꕥ

"Okay," Paul said as he climbed into the passenger seat of my car. "So, I'm all ready to get our plane tickets for Corfu. We just need to see what happens on Monday and let them decide if you'll be able to go."

"Oh, God, I'd kill to be on a beach right now," I said.

Paul turned around to look at Mary. "Mary, what do you think about that? You want to go to the beach?"

I glanced at her in the mirror and saw her face light up. "Will baby come with?" was the first thing she asked and I smiled.

"Of course, the baby will come with. It has to since it's in my belly!"

"When do I meet baby?" Mary asked me.

"Hmm," I hummed, counting the months. "In December," I told her finally.

"Maybe we'll just make it your birthday present!" Paul added, grinning at her in the mirror.

Mary giggled and turned her head to look out the window. She seemed very excited to have a sibling and she didn't even understand half of what was happening. It was still hard for her to grasp the fact that there was a baby inside of me. Of course, it was still quite a new thing for her, so I had hope that it would get better with time.

We drove on down the road. Paul was looking out the window and pointing to clouds, telling Mary what they were shaped like to keep her amused. She didn't like driving. She couldn't move around and play like she wanted to because she was strapped into a car seat. We had come up with many different ways to keep her entertained during car rides. Especially since we had made a few trips up to Scotland in the past two years.

When we finally pulled up to the art gallery, I put the car into park excitedly. I looked over at Paul and saw him slipping a hat onto his head.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked him with a laugh.

"I don't want anyone to notice me," he said. "Today is all about Caroline. Not me."

I laughed. "Alright, let's go." Paul got out and went to the back door, scooping Mary into his arms. Mary looked around at where we were, trying to figure out what was happening.

"Ready to go look at some pretty art?" I asked Mary and she nodded before beginning to try and wiggle out of Paul's arms.

"Wait until we get inside," Paul told her as we walked. "I don't want you to get hit by a car. You wouldn't want that, would you?"

Mary's eyes widened. "No," she squeaked.

"Alright, let's get inside, then!" Paul said, running towards the building and leaving me behind. I sped up just a little so I could keep up with them. "Look at all this!" Paul said as he stepped into the building. I grabbed the door before it could close behind him and stepped in next to him.

"Trying to close me out, McCartney?" I asked him with a frown.

"Oh, sorry, love," he said. "Was too distracted by these displays!" He beamed as he looked around.

"You made it!" I turned and saw Caroline strolling up to us.

I smiled. "Of course we did! Wouldn't miss it for the world." I leaned in to give her a hug. "Everything looks great!" I said, pulling away.

Paul had already wandered off with Mary. I looked up to see him crouching down next to Mary, pointing to something on a shelf. "I think they like it already," I told Caroline.

"I'm glad they do," she responded with a relieved laugh. "I worked really hard on this."

"Hey, Jules, come here," Paul said and I looked over at him. He hadn't moved from his spot.

"Well, I'm being called," I said to her with a laugh. "Be right back."

She chuckled. "Enjoy!" she said with an excited smile.

I went over to see what Paul had found. He lifted up a small clay angel figurine so I could see it. "Remember at your old apartment? You used to have these there and I loved them!" he said. "Was bloody shocked when I learned that Caroline had made them."

I smiled. "I can't believe you even remember that."

"Of course, I do. I remember feeling...hmmm...euphoric!"

I laughed. "Did you wanna buy some, then?"

He turned to Mary. "What do you think?" he asked her. "Should we finally invest in some of these after all these years? Do you like them?"

Mary smiled. "They're pretty," she said with a smile. She turned back to the shelf and pointed to another figurine. "This one too."

"Okay, this will be mine," Paul said, gesturing to the one in his hand. "This will be yours." He picked up the one Mary had pointed to. "You pick one too, Juliette," he told me with a smile. I knelt down behind them and studied my options.

I finally decided on one and pointed to it. "I quite like that one," I told him. He gladly took it from the shelf.

Mary reached forward and picked up one more. "And this one for the baby," she said enthusiastically. I felt a rush of emotions build up inside of me. I leaned over and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"The baby will love it," I told her.

Paul smiled at me proudly. He was proud of his little family. I knew it just by looking in his eyes.