Phobia

Jisung woke up to someone shaking his body. Still groggy from the nap, he squinted his eyes to find a handsome man waking him up.

It's Minho.

"My dad's at your door. I'm just waking you up to say good-bye."

Jisung sat straight up when the realization hit him that he fell asleep on Minho's shoulder.

"I..uhh. What? He's at the door? How did he even get up here??"

For the first time, Minho rolled his eyes at Jisung, "He's a cop, remember? He can pull any stunt."

Both of them brushed their clothes and as Minho was about to put on his shoes, Jisung sprinted at the door and opened it to find a surprised Mr. Lee.

"Where's my son?"

"Can we have a moment to talk, Mr. Lee? It'll be a quick talk." Jisung stated and closed the door behind him.

Minho hurriedly put on his shoes and grabbed the knob when he stopped.

What if he's proposing the idea to my dad?

Minho let go of the knob, waiting in anticipation. He was 90% sure that his dad will say no, but Jisung's confidence and bravery is surprising to him that he thought the boy has a chance of getting a yes.

He sat on the floor and continued to count the seconds that passed by. All he could hear were muffled sounds and couldn't make out what they were talking about.

Finally, after some minutes, the door finally opened and a grinning Jisung walked in. Minho looked at him suspiciously.

"I'm glad that you get to stay at my place even for a while", Jisung said as he watched Minho get up from the floor, "and I can't wait to see you again."

See Minho again.
See him again?

Jisung didn't wait for Minho to utter another word and went straight to his bedroom, hopping like a child.

Minho got out of the apartment only to be met by his dad, with his arms crossed.

"Son, you have a REALLY persuasive friend".

Minho couldn't believe that his dad said yes. Even his dad couldn't believe it. He said that Jisung sounded really sincere and considering all the things he said back then, it really seemed like a good opportunity for Minho.

"Also, their residences is heavily guarded. If it weren't for my badge, they would've reported me to the police. So that spot is safe."

"I'm glad you have such a nice friend, Minho. By the sound of it, he seems reliable, too." His mom smiled at him, feeling touched that he's finally learning how to befriend a human being.

"Thanks, Dad. I think I'm going to run down the details of the tutoring with Jisung tomorrow and I'll let you know so you can see if there are things that need to be changed."

Minho felt so free at this point. He now can go to his friend's place. It may only be one place aside from the university, but still. He's happy with the progress that is happening. He can't wait to hang out with his friend.

"I don't think I can accept that much, Jisung."

"Dude, I didn't decide, it was my mom."

"Then only give me the half and you can keep the half."

They've been discussing the payment Jisung's mom decided on. Minho felt like he's going to earn more than his dad at this point.

"No, I can't do that, hyung. I definitely can't."

"Then, maybe we can keep the half and spend it on both of us. You know, during the tutoring sessions."

"Hyung. You. Are. A. Genius. I personally still think that you should keep it all, but we can save that and maybe we can buy all the things we need and want."

Minho smiled at Jisung. His eyes slowly disappearing.

Until it turned wide.

His heart started beating faster. He couldn't feel his arms and legs.

A good twenty meter distance from where Jisung is, there was a man, standing. Facing them. His attire all black. He's just staring at them. Not even moving.

"Hyung? Hyung!" Jisung is starting to worry because Minho isn't answering him. He's been looking at the same spot with horror in his eyes.

Jisung saw that Minho's starting to tremble again, but this time, much more violent than before.

The first thing on his mind was to block Minho's vision, whatever he's looking it. So Jisung got up and hugged Minho's head, placing it on his stomach area.

"Dude, please. This is scaring me. Talk to me at least."

He continued patting Minho's head and back in hopes that it will calm him down.

Finally, Minho relaxed. But his face still shows fear.

"There was a man, behind you."

"Man, what man? I looked into that direction but I didn't see anyone, Minho. Look! Nobody's there."

But Minho didn't dare to look.

Jisung squeezed his hand. "If it makes you feel better, want to stay at my place? You can just tell your dad to pick you up there."

Minho could only nod. He knew what he saw. Was it just an illusion?

He wanted to believe it's true. Even Jisung said that he didn't see it.

But for Minho, it sure was real.