4.4

"Your struggle is your art, but don't struggle too much you've got a bleeding heart and that's sad."

- 'Underachiever,' by NOAHFINNCE

"Sadly, we aren't taking anymore items for the auction," the man said, rubbing his hands. It was obvious he was very nervous, what he was nervous about you didn't know. "That was closed yesterday."

"Aw, one day late," you sighed out, slouching in your seat. Collective groans could be heard from Gon and Killua. "Why wasn't it posted on the Auction's website?" You asked, straightening out your back and leaning forward. 

"I wouldn't know, you'd have to talk to the website managers," he picked at his fingernails, so far he hasn't made any contact with you. "I only work under the director, the one that, um, couldn't meet with you today. I'm just standing in for him," the man stood up, his hands straightening out at his sides, "If you have any questions, you can always ask the support team, their number is posted on the website."

"Thank you," you picked up some of the items, Gon and Killua picking up the rest, and began to walk out. "Well, that was a waste of time."

"Yeah, I guess we'll just have to resell these, y'know?" Gon said, shrugging his shoulders.

"If we really lie, we could give these to a museum. They'll professionally appraise it, while we make off with some Jenny," Killua suggested, a smirk on his face. 

"Why don't we sell it to a thrift shop instead? Giving it to a museum would require paperwork and, more than likely, they'd take it as a donation and not pay us," you said, your shoes hitting the cobblestone on the street. 

"I kinda liked the thought of something we have being given to a museum, but we are here for money," Gon frowned, before smiling again. "I'm sure we'll get loads for them though."

"I still think we should get these appraised first, just to get a good estimate on how much they're worth," Killua huffed. Moving his hands, the items shuffled as he moved.

"'Course we will, do you know where one of those shops might be?" you asked, bouncing on the balls of your feet. 

"Down on 2nd, near the end," Killua quickly replied, pointing to the direction. "It's in the main market ring, saw it on our way here." He began walking there, you and Gon following behind.

The appraisal shop was quite small and the windows were crowded with things. The door jingled when you walked in and, contrary to what you thought, it was quite neat inside. There was a man standing there and he resembled a nicer looking Tonpa. "Hey, we were wondering how much these would be worth?" Killua asked, gesturing to the items.

"Of course, bring them here," he patted the counter in front of him, leaning over it. The three of you placed them on the table, taking the items out of their bags. "Oh, where'd you find these?"

"In our family's storehouse," Killua fluently lied, placing a smile on his face. "My dad said that we should come here and see if we could get a good price for them," he really seemed to have thought this whole thing out, the words coming out almost effortlessly. He even went through the process of smiling, most likely to retain his innocent look.

"Ah, a very smart one he is," the dealer nodded, looking at the doll in the box. "This is in very pristine condition and, by the looks of it, has never been opened. 300,000 Jenny I'd say it would be worth."

You almost felt like beaming. You were the one who noticed the doll out of the corner of your eye, although it was Killua who had decided to bid on it, but you were glad that you helped in some way. "That's a pretty nice price, considering it's been sitting in a storehouse," you eyed Killua, trying not to laugh, but you couldn't help and smile.