12 - Feels Like I'm Falling

----

It's been two days since Tommy jumped.

Two days since Tubbo sobbed over his friend's body.

Two days since Wilbur felt his heart shatter.

Two days since Phil had shouted in despair.

Two days since Ranboo had held Tubbo's hand white he dug out a grave in the flower forest.

Two days since everyone broke.

They were all stunned, even now. The happy boy the knew wasn't actually too happy at all, and their efforts to try and help just whizzed past the boy like an inaccurate arrow. 

The person impacted by it the most was Wilbur. Tommy was Wilbur's comfort friend, so he didn't really have anyone that could help him better. 

Wilbur had learned to hate light. Sure, he hated it enough already since it burned him, but he didn't care. He stayed away from torches, hissing like a venomous snake whenever someone brought one near him. He refused to eat anything other than a few small snacks throughout the days, not showing any signs of recovery yet. But who knew, it's only been two days.

Tubbo was being looked after by Ranboo. When Tommy had jumped, he was the first one to the boy's body. He sobbed and cried until he had to back off and throw up in a bush nearby. He had insisted that he help bury his friend, staying as close as he could be, while Wilbur was as far as he could be.

Ranboo was doing better than the others expected, especially since he was there when the boy...

He was slightly less talkative, and food didn't seem appealing to him often, but he still talked and ate just fine. Not nearly as bad as Wilbur.

Jack had been in denial. He also stayed in lava, knowing the Wilbur would probably be on his ass about how it was his fault. Wilbur had already killed him thrice, he didn't need it to happen again. Jack didn't hate Tommy, he had just been in a bad mood. Wilbur hadn't seen that, though.

Phil was grief stricken. He had been the one that you could hear shouting from miles away, yelling to the sky about how he should've done more, or how he should've acted sooner. His wings had folded over the broken boy's body, acting as a shield to the outside world.

Niki had said nothing, quietly whispering things to the boy. She had built herself a small cage so that she could have some time with Tommy (instead of drowning the land) and had spoken in some sort of siren tongue. Her words were soft and inaudible, and her tone was soothing. Her fins had floated idly in the water, gently flapping every few moments.

Schlatt had been silent, trying to bottle up his emotions. As much as he didn't show it, he cared about Tommy. He cared more than he let off. And he never had enough time to tell Tommy, or to give him a gift that really showed it.

Charlie was stunned. Once the news got to him he frowned, nodding and asking to be left alone. The sun was barely risen when he was happy again, trying to lighten the other's moods. He told them not to cry because its over, and to smile and joke because it happened. He told them it's what Tommy would have wanted.

Wilbur always snorted at this, making some dry retort like "Well, why don't you ask him if its what he wants?" and stalking off. That is, if it was the rare occasion that he actually came and spoke with them. The youngest's death had struck him the most, and he wasn't doing very well to hide it. 

Niki had made herself a small pool beside Jack's lava one, talking to the Blaze Class while he wasn't in the nether. They recovered quickly, sometimes seen trying to splash one's strength on the other. Niki and Jack had obsidian wars occasionally, a game where they'd splash the other with lava or water, forming obsidian walls building up in their pools. 

Wilbur mostly kept to his room. No matter how Phil tried to lure him out, he only left when he ran out of food in his room and went to scavenge for more. Then, he'd just bring it back to his room and do who-knows-what all day, sometimes eating something. Once Phil had walked into the room while Wilbur had been playing with the flecks of ghost that came with his Phantom class, the small little bubbles and floaty thingies that stayed close to him. Another time, he had been hunched over a desk and writing what Phil could only guess was a song.

Another day went by.

Tubbo was talking with Ranboo, trying to convince Ranboo to help him get a fourth beehive. The Ender hybrid kept refusing, telling the Shulk that he didn't have the right enchantments. Tubbo simply huffed every time he brought this up, and kept prodding the Ender class until he gave in. The two spent the day hunting for beehives, not finding any. The closest they got was a destroyed one, crippled on the ground. It looked like it had been knocked off the branch, broken into pieces, and whoever did it immediately felt bad and tried to put it back together.

A purple allium was planted next to it, and Ranboo swore he's seen that exact flower somewhere. It was a special white-tipped one, something hard to find in purebred plants and flowers. He ignored it and walked on, knowing that it was just another hybrid he had found.

Schlatt and Charlie had started talking, getting to know more about each other. The ram-horned arachnid class and the slime class shared more than they thought, growing to enjoy each other's company. 

Jack and Niki seemed as if the incident never happened, having spent so much time in a dark, lonely cave talking and sharing their thoughts.

Wilbur hadn't healed yet, and showed no signs of doing so.

Phil had just made another attempt at getting the boy to be happier, ultimately giving up and trodding downstairs. He heard a soft knock at the door, almost as if whoever was doing it was hesitant. Wilbur had come down for snacks, and opened the door before Phil could react.

Infront of him, slightly see-through, a winged boy smiled shyly. His headwings, backwings, and anklewings fluttered self-conciously, as if he would bolt at any second.

"Tommy?"