28 - Mellohi

Spectator was slain by jschlatt.

<jschlatt> oh how the turns have tabled

<WilburSoot> WHAT DID YOU FUCKIGN DO

-------

Phil left his house, trying to remember what Wilbur had told him. What was a spectator, again? It felt important. So important, actually, that-

Wait.

Is that..?

"Tommy?" Phil breathed, his eyes wide. He began to tremble, walking with shaky steps towards the Avian. The boy was sprawled out on the ground, exactly where the world spawn was. His white and red shirt and blonde hair was unmistakable, not to mention the three sets of wings residing on his head, back, and ankles.

Was he okay? 

The elytrian's eyes darted over every detail on the boy, frantically searching for any sign of him being wounded. 

Phil collapsed next to Tommy, his wings instantly flaring around the boy as he pulled him into his arms. He was deathly cold (probably since he was a ghost) and mumbling slightly, but the man couldn't make any words out.

"Holy shit." Phil finally found his voice again, tears welling up in his eyes as he held Tommy close. "Oh my god. Oh my god. You're here, oh my god. I should have never doubted Wilbur, I- Holy shit."

Phil didn't even notice he had sobbed twice until Wilbur came up to him, gently pulling Phil's wing out of the way. He thought that Phil was crying because he was sad, but the shriek the Phantom accidentally let slip out was enough to alert others that something was wrong.

But it was, in reality, almost exactly right.

Wilbur collapsed just as Phil did, the Elytrian letting out a low hissing sound resembling a dragon subconsciously. Wilbur didn't worry, though, because Phil wouldn't dare hurt him unless he hurt someone else first. 

And he would never purposefully hurt Tommy nor Phil.

"WHAT? WILBUR, ARE YOU OKAY?" Ranboo and Tubbo shrieked in response at the same time, the teens both skidding on their heels around a corner. As soon as they saw Wilbur wrapped in Phil's wings, they panicked. When Phil sobbed, they panicked more.

When they saw what was under Phil's wing shield, they cried.

"TOMMY!" Tubbo shouted, hugging the unconscious boy as best as he could, Phil still growling lowly. Ranboo stroked Tommy's hair, gently untangling any knots he could find. 

Phil, still holding Tommy close, began to clean the Avian's wings, picking out dirt and dried blood, aswell as straightening loose feathers. He had stopped crying, only trembling slightly.

"My boy..." Phil muttered. "He's... I thought you were dead."

"Well, I'm not," Tommy spoke in a soft voice, the boy only just waking up. "But I do feel very claustrophobic right now, please get off of me, you're all being very clingy right no-,"

The Avian cut himself off mid-sentence, eyes widening. He sat up, looking at Phil dead in the eyes. 

"You can see me."

The boy himself started trembling, his own eyes filling with tears. It wasn't even a full second until he clung to Phil, burying his face and drinking in the man's scent. Its been so long since he was last with his non-biological-might-as-well-be father, since he could see him.

"I can," Phil smiled, tearing up again. He carefully hugged the boy, avoiding touching the boys wings in an uncomfortable way. "I can see you."

"Phil..."

"Okay, just forget about me, then." Wilbur huffed in fake offense, earning a gasp from Tubbo.

"And me!"

The group burst out in laughter, Tommy being cut off into a coughing fit. Immediately Phil shushed him softly, gently running his hands over the boy's wings. Even if he had basically been recharged, he hadnt genuinely slept for awhile. The bags under his eyes proved it.

When Tommy drifted off, Wilbur was the first to stand. He had more fire in his eyes than the entire Nether did lava, it wasnt hard to guess what he would do next.

"Wil," Phil warned.

"I'm gonna kill him."

"No need," Charlie emerged from the bushes, Schlatt by his side. Both had huge grins, looking smugly proud of themselves.

"YOU BASTARD!" Wilbur lept up, about to ramble on about how much of a bitch they were, but Schlatt quickly interrupted.

"You're welcome."

"For what?" It was Phil's turn to be filled with rage. "For kidnapping my son?"

"You couldn't even see him!" Schlatt sneered, and Ranboo stood.

"Why did you do it?"

"To help Tommy, of course." Schlatt smirked. ("HELP HIM!?" Wilbur shouted, muffled by the Shulk that wanted to listen to the reason they had.)

"Think about it; If we hadnt taken Tommy away for a bit, Phil would have never believed. He would never see Tommy again. Niki? Maybe, maybe, but it still would take awhile. So, I've done you a fa- ow- we, there, happy? We have done you a favor." Schlatt was elbowed sharply in the rips by Charlie halfway through talking.

"Shithead and Dickhead. Motherfuckers." Tommy grumbled sleepily, but his eyes had an odd tint to them. They almost looked brighter.

"What'd you just call me, prick?" Charlie said in a joking manner, falling completely silent when Tommy's wings began doing a weird thing.

New feathers grew in, only needing the span of a second. His old feathers fell to the ground, shedding from the membrane. His new feathers were so much brighter and- holy shit.

Tommy's once dull hair brightened, looking more natural and not as stiff. The wind blew against it gently, fluffing it up for the boy.

And before they realized it, a message flashed on their miniature communicators.

TommyInnit has joined the game.