22 - Wake Me Up

---

"Tubbo..." Ranboo looked at the bushes they had walked behind, knowing it muffled them enough to where Tommy couldnt hear. He still felt as if the Avian deserved a second chance, though, but he held onto the thought of 'last time I did that, he killed himself'.

"What?" Tubbo asked, raising an eyebrow. He looked up at the taller class, a shiver of uncertainty running down his spine.

"It's about... about Tommy." Ranboo looked at his shoes, wondering how to say this. Just rip the bandaid off, He thought, closing his eyes for a moment. "He, well, earlier when he was falling asleep on himself, I overheard him talking. I think he was subconsciously saying all of his thoughts out loud, and... And he said he wanted to die again."

Ranboo glanced at Tubbo, his heart shattering at the oceans of horror in them. The boy's gaze became unfocused as he was lost in thought, staring into nothingness.

"He wants to die again...?" Tubbo whispered hoarsely after awhile, his voice wavering and breaking. "No, we can't let him.. I can't lose him again.."

"I'm so sorry. I'm..." Ranboo hugged the Shulk, who was now crying. He hated seeing his friends in so much distress, especially when he didnt know how to handle it, if it was even possible to.

"Its not your fault, Boo. It's just, I'm having a hard time processing this right now." Tubbo used Ranboo's nickname, but for once it wasnt even in a flirting sense. It was genuine 'it's okay, you arent in trouble'.

"But it is." Ranboo whispered. "He died the first time, and I did nothing. I sat, and I watched as he killed himself, over and over, until he killed himself once and for all. I watched. I did nothing to help. I feel like I failed him, Tubbo."

"No, it's not your fucking fault. Get that through your clouded skull, tall man. It's okay, alright? He was tired, people think differently when they're tired." Tubbo took Ranboo hand in his. "We will help him get out of this, no matter what, okay?"

"Mmm," Ranboo hummed, not believing the boy. He felt so impacted by the boy's final death that hearing that he wanted to die again was like being poisoned. It left a bad taste in his mouth, and it pierced his stomach with one big, sharp, long needle repeatedly. Or he was about to throw up, either way.

"Let's get back to him now, hm?" Tubbo attempted a smile, sniffling and wiping away his tears until he could talk without his voice shaking. Ranboo nodded, taking a deep breath and shaking his head violently, then running his hands through his hair and smoothing it. 

"Yeah, let's get back."

"Oh, and Ranboo?" Tubbo stopped just before he would pull the bushes away, turning to look at the Ender Class. "Don't treat Tommy any different, okay? He hates it."

"Alright," Ranboo collected himself, the duo then exiting the bushes. Panic settled in his chest when he realized Tommy was nowhere to be found. He looked around quickly, as did Tubbo. His breathing quickened, and he flinched when Tubbo gently tapped his shoulder. Turning around, he let out a sigh of relief when he saw Tommy curled up in the fork of a tree. His wings were almost limp, hanging off the tree but still idly twitching and moving. 

The Avian looked peaceful in the tree, his expression blank yet light. He was also very loosely positioned, not nearly as tightly sat as the boy was when he had first talked to him about his issues. 

"I'd say we let him sleep, but..." Tubbo smiled softly. 

"He won't appreciate it in the morning." Ranboo finished for him.

He watched curiously as Tubbo walked up to the tree, circled it twice, and then began to climb up it. He dug his nails into the tree (ouch, Ranboo thought, that does not look comfortable) and hoisted himself up, his shoes scrabbling at the tree for a hold. (SCRABBLING IS A WORD TOO??? AND I USED IT SOMEWHAT RIGHT???)

"Tommy!" Tubbo whisper shouted beside the boy. Tommy stirred slightly, but fell still again soon after. "TOMMY!" Tubbo shouted, the Avian shrieking and falling backwards out of the tree. His wings flew out behind him, but he failed to soften his fall since he was falling with his back to the ground, landing with a thud.

"JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, TUBBO!" Tommy yelled, covering his embarrassed expression. Tubbo fell after him, dissolving in giggles as he landed alot more controlled and alot neater. Tommy's shoulders shook after awhile and his sides did aswell, and soon his quiet laughter was audible. "You fucker, you're such a bitch."

"I know!" Tubbo smiled at the boy, seeing the familiar spark of happiness in his eyes. "Now come with me, guy."

"I'm having an intense flashback to you drowning me while I was trapped under a piston." Tommy rolled his eyes, standing up and brushing grass off of him. Tubbo followed, backing up a few steps. Ranboo was about to ask why, but Tubbo just shushed him and told him to watch.

Tommy violently shook himself, shaking off the grass. Now Ranboo understood why Tubbo backed up, he would have been beaten up by grass if he stayed a few moments longer.

Once Tommy was done picking out the last remaining blades of grass that (somehow) got stuck in his wings, he looked alot less sleepy. He was definitely wide awake, after the stunt that Tubbo pulled. Looking up at Tubbo and Ranboo, he grinned. 

"Where to now, pricks?"

----

"LET ME GO YOU FUCKING- IM NOT GOING IN THERE TO TALK TO HER ABOUT THAT!" 

"SHUT UP, TOMMY, YOURE SO LOUD AND ITS MIDNIGHT."

"AT LEAST NO ONE ELSE CAN HEAR ME, LET ME FUCKING GO! THEY CAN HEAR YOU, OHH, YOU LOOK LIKE SUCH AN IDIOT RIGHT NOW, YOU ARE SUCH A FUCKING DUMBASS YOU LITTLE- WHEN I TELL WILBUR YOU BEST RUN IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU, PHILZA MINECRAFT WILL KNOW ABOUT THIS YOU PRICKS!"

"YOURE GETTING ADVICE FROM NIKI WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT."

"BUT SHES TOO NICE AND ILL FEEL BAD!"

"GOOD!"