four

Jas's life felt repetitive, it had only been a few weeks and she found herself in this cycle: Get up, Uni, Study, home, bed. The only part of her life that stayed exciting was living with Jack, they occasionally out on weekends which Jack enjoyed he partly was living the 'Uni life' while training for the F2 season meaning he could hardly fully enjoy the experience as this often entailed early nights to accommodate his intensive training the next day but he was willing to participate (slightly). Even if they didn't go out, Jas found herself often having a few glasses of wine a few times a week. He could see Jas slaving away to her books, making him glad he only got to experience the fun part of the university lifestyle.

Jas was still waking up a few nights a week following her nightmares, she was finding it hard to shake them even though she felt more at home with Jack than she did anywhere else; he was like another brother to her. Drinking in the evening helped her not to dream as much, which is why she felt addicted to it. However, her day got slightly more exciting when she got a package, it was her dress for the awards which were now this weekend, Jas had spent the last two weeks panicking knowing she needed to find a dress. It was easy enough for Jack who only needed a suit, but as soon as she laid eyes on this dress, she knew she didn't need to look any further. It looked delicate and perfectly accentuated her features. Jas who often felt shy and secluded she felt pretty and confident wishing this feeling came around more often.

*

It was Saturday the 10th, Jas and Jack needed to get ready quite early as they needed to get a train into London which would take around 2 hours. The awards were in the JW Marriot Grosvenor house in Mayfair right by Kensington Palace. A more luxury hotel which was a change from the ever-messier place they both called a 'home'. This was the most exciting even Jas had been to all year, she got ready, curling her hair in loose waves. She pulled back some hair from around her face making sure to pull out some strands to help frame her face. Her makeup was simple, nothing too dramatic but it suited her. She was wearing a beautiful black silk dress, with a draping neckline.

"Come on Jas, hurry up!" Jack said rushing Jas.

"I'm ready, just putting on shoes" Jas replied, she knew she had a long day ahead of her in heels, this would take mental preparation. As she walked out of her room and put a black puffer coat on, being fully aware it was now the beginning of January, Jack looked in awe at her. She looked elegant; jack found his breath being taken away he had never seen Jas in this light before.

"You look pretty Jas," He said shyly.

"Thank you, you're looking handsome yourself!" Jas responded kindly. They walked to the station, they had to get the train to Oxford, which felt odd to Jas she only ever got this train by herself daily on her way to a lecture. They then needed to change, oxford to Reading and then a direct train to Paddington. The journey didn't feel that long it was full of laughter and stories, at one point Jack even started crying from laughter thinking they had both missed their stop.

"Jas, Jas, Jas- we've missed our stop. We've gone past Reading." Jack said heating up. "We're going to be late."

"Jack calm down- we're so early, even if we did miss our stop it wouldn't matter." Jas said reassuringly, "Though this train does terminate at Reading so it would be quite hard to miss our stop," Jas said laughing to herself.

"Oh stop," Jack said beginning to laugh at himself, he felt like an idiot.

Before they knew it, they were at Paddington and began to make their way to Grosvenor House hotel.

They were both slightly bewildered by the sheer size of the building and even more taken back when they went inside. The entrance hall was grand, chandeliers hanging from the high ceilings. Paintings filled the walls, rooms filled with gold decorations. They both got their room key cards from the reception and unfortunately for Jas, her room was on the top floor, but she expected it with her late booking, room 401 (out of 420 rooms). Jack was a few rooms down from Jas only room 238, he did offer to swap but she really didn't mind it was quite hilarious to her. She went up to her room for a bit and touched up her makeup and hair as she had been traveling for most of the day, and from laughing, it had slightly smudged.