twenty-four

They both made their way to the track each in their own cars, so Jas did have some way to get home later, the track was buzzing with excitement.

"I'll see you later- good luck," Jas said as Lando was being whisked away.

"Thank you" Lando went in to hug her, slightly more tightly than he would usually. Jas made her way towards the Williams garage- she had some time to kill before the sprint race.

"George, nice to see you've made it today," Jas said.

"Well, it is race day Jas," George said sarcastically. She enjoyed being in the garage and going round with George for his interviews gave her something to fill her time in between races. An hour or so had passed and Jas made her way out to the sprint race. They all got off the line well, especially Jack moving up from fourth to second, he had some pretty close racing through which put Jas on edge. Throughout the whole race Jas was nervous for him- could he actually win this?

Jas couldn't believe her eyes, Jack, he had WON! She knew he was always capable, but he'd done it, Jas felt immensely proud. She ran over to the podium and saw how much it meant to him in front of his home crowd. She dropped him a text and let him celebrate with his team, he deserved every drop of champagne.

Jas made her way back to the Williams garage they were all running around prepping the car for the race which was going to beginning reasonably soon. Although Jas still had all of this adrenaline running through her making it hard to concentrate. 

The main race got off to a good start, Bottas had made a good start. The crowd was roaring throughout, for a good reason as Lewis had won. Everyone was elated, the home crowd made it even more real.  Lando, however, found himself just outside of the points which she knew he'd be annoyed about. Jas found herself making her way back to the garage where she knew she'd be an inconvenience so Jas ended up walking around with no real end destination. It was funny to Jas walking around seeing everyone do their interviews, every single driver managed to churn out the same response to the same questions. Part of Jas was relieved she would never have to do a single interview.

Jas realised she had some work due soon so she better had got back as she had a slight suspicion, she wouldn't want to do it tomorrow.

Jas: Well, done!! You drove good, I know it's not how you wanted it to go but you put up a good fight. I need to finish off an essay before tonight, I'll meet you there.

Lando: Thanks Jas, I can't wait to see you later :)

Jas drove back to hers and got going finishing this 5000-word essay as soon as she could, she needed to give herself enough time to get ready for tonight. She found herself doing exactly not that, she rushed getting ready slipped on a dress. She caught herself in the mirror- I look good Jas thought to herself. It was rare for Jas to feel so confident in herself. She grabbed her stuff and ran for the train; she was apprehensive due to the last time she was out and hoped it wouldn't end quite like that.

*

The train journey took forever but she had made it, only slightly late. She had dropped Lando a text to just try and find him in the swarm of people. She recognised so many familiar faces, it was quite intimidating all there by herself.

"Shit sorry" Jas had bumped into a guy, taller than her and she had made his drink spill.

"No, no please don't worry," A familiar voice said.

"Callum"

"Jasmine, how are you?" Callum Ilot asked. "I've seen you around the paddock".

"It's good to be back, I had missed it" Jas replied.