nine

Jas could hardly hold her excitement, she had driven to Heathrow to go and pick-up Jack soon after Baku. She was missing a lecture, but she couldn't let him get a train home since she had dropped him there almost a month before. The month had felt long and lonely, Ella helped by staying and letting Jas stay with her, but she forgot how busy the F2 calendar is and how much they would be away.

The drive took about an hour to get there, she made her way to the waiting area. He had texted her that he had landed but he took ages to appear, part of her had worried she was at the wrong terminal. When he eventually did appear, he ran towards Jas and they hugged tightly, she had missed him. 

"Jack, congrats. You looked like a transformed driver this season," Jas said.

"Thank you, the cars better. I've just missed it all" Jack said, "I'm so happy you've come to pick me up- I'm exhausted." Jas could tell he looked shattered but he still insisted on carrying most of his bags. He slept the whole journey home and as soon as they were home, he jumped into bed and slept for a few hours.

Jas woke him up with a stir fry, he knew he wouldn't be bothered to cook and they both sat and ate on his bed.

"Thank you Jas, I forgot how much it takes it out of me," He said as he dug into his food, "Now update me, what's the Lando situation," He could see immediately a smile growing on her face, she could hardly hide it.

"Well, he has texted and he well... While you guys have been racing he has face timed me a few times," Jas said and Jack looked up at her, he clearly didn't expect this. "Well, I think he was just bored in the evening,"

"Really, to me it sounds like he really enjoys talking to you," Jack said, and Jas just began to blush even more. "Do you think you two will meet up when he's back?"

"I hope so but you know how busy he probably is and don't even get me started on Uni..." Jas said while rolling her eyes.

They only had about a week at home before Jack had to fly back out again, as much as it did drain him- he loved it. It's what he lived for. After dinner, he got up and helped wash up and load the dishwasher with Jas.

"Do you think you're going to come to Barcelona?" Jack asked.

On the spot Jas replied, "I can't, lectures and all", she thought she would surprise him there.

"That's a shame, it thought I'd be able to see you at some of the European ones," Jack said as he grabbed the pan from Jas to wash up, "The Williams garage miss you, I saw your parents there, not actually in the garage though."

"I was going to say, they don't particularly like it down there,"

"I think they did stop by though, well from what I saw but they were mainly in the lounges and watching and down by the track," They both sat down to watch some Tv but Jack was struggling to keep his eyes open. "I'm going to bed, thank you for dinner. I'll make something for you soon,"

"Don't worry about it, I'd rather not get food poisoning," Jas said.

"Hey, I'm better than I was. Night" Jack said as he was laughing to himself.

"Sleep well," Jas replied, soon after Jas also headed to bed as well for some reason she felt as tired as him.

"No, no please no. Breathe, PLEASE, BREATHE" Jas's heart was racing, he was there. Lifeless. She stood in disbelief hoping the emergency services to come. They had to save him; he couldn't die not like this. Her vision was blurry she couldn't see or think straight. She held him in her arms, what she didn't realise is this would be the last time- He opened his eyes for a second and took his last breath, her screams filled the peaceful night air. The blue flashing lights racing towards her lit up her face...