thirty

Jas had spent the following weeks at home with Jack, she often joined him in training as she really didn't have a lot to fill her summer with. She debated getting a job somewhere local, but she was fortunate enough to not really need one. Jas wanted to focus on music this summer and try to catch up with some first-year music university work, but she found herself getting into composing, hibernating in her room for several hours at a time.

The upcoming Grand Prix was Hungary and as much as Jas wanted to go but she chose to stay and celebrate Ella's birthday with her. For a treat Jas was taking Ella down to the coast by the beach; they both set off and Ella had no idea where she was going.

"Right Jas you know I hate surprises, where are we going?" Ella said feeling quite anxious.

"You'll see," Jas said. As they carried on driving for what felt like hours, Ella began to notice Bournemouth signs.

"Are we going to the beach?" Ella questioned, "To your parents' apartment?" Ella said getting increasingly more excited.

"How did you know?" Jas said laughing to herself, "have you ever considered being a detective?"

"No... but I should be," Ella smiled. They both got into the apartment and the view was beautiful overlooking the whole beach.

"I know we're not abroad or anywhere- "

"Jas this is so thoughtful, I love it," Ella said. Jas began to explain her plans for the evening how they were going to a luxury dinner and then onto a bar to see her birthday in. Ella was pretty speechless; she had never had such a kind gesture not even from a boyfriend.

The meal they went to was unbelievable; they both opted for steak and for Ella a glass of wine, but Jas just stuck to water.

"You know you didn't have to do all of this; you could be out in Hungary with Lando," Ella said.

"I wanted to, you only celebrate 19 once," Jas said smiling. Ella had a celebratory dessert with sparklers and everything before they made their way out to a bar. On the way Lando had dropped Jas a text:

Lando: Have fun tonight :)

Jas: Thank you, if I forget good luck tomorrow xx

Lando: Thank you, I'm off to bed. Night x

Jas: night x

"Hellllooooo Jasmine," Ella said.

"I'm all yours now, I was just saying night," Jas said.

"You two," Ella said sarcastically rolling her eyes. They made their way to the bar and got settled with a few drinks and some snacks, although they were both stuffed from the meal before. They both ended up talking the evening away, a few men had approached them, but they just loved each other's company. As the evening began to fall they took a stroll back to the apartment via the beach, the night was so peaceful and Ella was stumbling into Jas's arms. They both took a moment to look out onto the beach, feeling oddly sentimental.

"Jas you know I'm so proud of you," Ella said.

"Really why?" Jas said confused at what had brung this on.

"You've just been through so much and you've followed what you love," Ella said. Jas was touched by her words; it was comforting to know Jas had her back. Even if she knew Ella wouldn't remember this in the morning Jas knew she would.

"Look at the time," Jas said looking at her phone screen which lit up their faces. "Happy birthday,"

"Thank you, I couldn't think of anyone better to spend it with," Ella said feeling all warm inside, Jas wrapped her arms around her.