thirty-two

They both had that buzzing feeling of getting up before the sun had even rose to catch a plane to fly down to Croatia. Admittedly, Jas had to force Lando up through motivation of how incredible Croatia looks- he did eventually make it. They were flying out from Heathrow which was only a forty-minute journey (thankfully). Jas offered to drive there a few days ago as she knew Lando would hardly be able to stay awake and concentrate and within ten minutes he was already falling back asleep. Jas on the other hand had too much adrenaline she was wide awake, which was annoying because she had no one to share it with.

"Hey.... Lando... We're here," Jas said with a soft voice.

"What... In Croatia,"

"Nope, not quite," Jas said beginning to laugh, he looked so confused.

"Oh, Heathrow... don't tell me I fell back asleep?" Lando asked.

"Of course, you did, but I don't blame you it is only 5 am,"

"I get up at this time every day," Lando said sarcastically.

"Second nature to you I bet," Jas said as she got out of the car and opened the boot to retrieve their luggage. They both tried to make their way through to security and then on to their gate, Jas picked up a snack as she was unbelievably hungry. They both sat outside their gate until they were able to able to board.

"See we didn't need to get up so early, there's so much time," Lando pointed out.

"Yeah, but what if there was a massive queue at security... and we missed our plane?"

"True but even half an hour longer,"

"I preferred it when you were asleep," Jas said lifting his hat off his head, "Why are you wearing a hat inside," She laughed to herself.

"Because look at what is on my head... and I look cool," Lando said trying to grab it back, "You're clearly jealous of how cool I look,"

"I am... and your hair looks lovely and curly," Jas complemented as she put it back on him. They sat for a while longer, he had his arm around Jas as she ended up shutting her eyes. Lando put his hat over her eyes so the brightness wouldn't keep her awake.

"Jasmine..." Lando said softly as if the roles had ow reversed.

"Yes," Jas said sleepily, as she grabbed his hat before it fell on the floor.

"I think it's time to board," Lando said as they both grabbed their things and made their way to the gate. They were in business class, which was different for Lando as he was pretty used to flying on the McLaren plane which flies out of Farnborough. They had two seats next to each other, which was perfect as Jas was able to use Lando, once again, as a headrest and so she drifted off to sleep. Lando, who was originally the tired one, was now suddenly wide awake and was watching Netflix.

"Hey, Jas.... Jasmine.... Look," Lando said as he began to wake her gently. "The sunrise,"

Jas wiped the sleep out of her eye and looked out towards the window to see this beautiful orange sky. "Wow, that was worth waking up for,"

"I thought you'd like it," Lando said as he got his phone out to take a photo, "It's so good, I'm putting it on my story," He took a beautiful photo, "See even this doesn't do it justice,"

"It still looks pretty," Jas said as she looked out onto the sunrise, "We fell in love in October, good song choice,"

"Thank you," Lando said smiling to himself as he added it to his story, "They said they're also bringing breakfast round in a minute."

"This day just keeps on getting better and better," Jas said as a smile grew on her face.

They Landed half an hour later and they both made their way out of the airport through security, as soon as they left, they felt the hot Croatian air on their skin. They got in a taxi which went straight to their villa- Jas was breath taken when she saw it, to the extent she shook her head in disbelief. Although she had traveled a lot due to racing and everything, Croatia was somewhere she'd never been.