twenty

Everyone flew home at various different times; Jack was back quite soon and spent quite a lot of time with his team and training to take his mind off the weekend. It felt different, Silverstone was the next big race- the home Grand Prix, although all that was on Jas's mind was her performance soon approaching.

Saturday came around and Jas was quite excited she hadn't seen Lando in a few weeks, today was when she'd be able to see him at George's summer barbeque.

Lando: Can't wait to see you today.

Jas: Same :)

What time are you getting there?

Lando: Probably 2. Do you need a life- I can pick you up en-route?

Jas: Oh, don't worry I'm walking to get some fresh air.

Jas really wanted to get there and drop George's clothes back before anyone came, to help really forget that night. Jas set off at around one; the walk was quite short only 20-30 minutes and to her delight, no one else was there.

"Christ Jas, just a bit early," George said opening the door up to her.

"Well, I thought I'd get here and drop your clothes back, I hope you don't mind. I also brought some salad and a bottle of wine- I had no idea what to bring" Jas admitted.

"Salad, wine, and my freshly washed clothes. Treating me so well; please come in" George said.

"Can I help you with anything," Jas asked.

"I'm just setting up the table if you wanna grab some glasses?" George replied. Jas also had cracked open a beer which surprised him. Soon enough Alex arrived spot on time looking like he was about to go on a 'lads' holiday in Benidorm.

"Look at you Albono" George welcomed Alex in. "No Lando yet but even better- Jas is here".

"Alright Georgie; Hi Jas, how are you?" Alex asked.

"I'm good Alex, do you want a drink?" Jas asked politely. "How did you guys find Austria?"

"Bad, but I'll keep on looking forward," Alex said in a solemn tone. Jas thought maybe that wasn't the best opening conversation starter. "Silverstone is looking good though,"

"I'm very excited and I'm not actually having to do any racing,"

"To be honest I wish I could sit back and watch," Alex said joking.

"I didn't even think about that, what was the last F1 race I watched?" George commented

"Mine was Austria on the Tv," Jas said smirking.

"Thank you Jas- so insightful," George laughed.

The sun was bright out and they all ended up sitting outside chatting while waiting for Lando to come, which at this rate, none of them thought was going to happen. They all got on quite well, joking around, although it revolved around taking the piss out of Lando. Then George decided to tell Alex about the other night before he flew, Jas didn't mind too much as long as Lando didn't find out.

"I don't know how you ended up there alone," George said.

"I genuinely have little memory of the whole night,"

"Well, you're lucky I can remember it all!"

"Wait... so you were lost alone in the town and you rang George?" Alex asked slightly confused.

"Well yes, I just couldn't think of anyone and you live near-ish so..."

"And I'm a walking superhero..." George said.