twenty-nine

They both woke up early the next morning- as much as they both didn't want to get up, it was race day. 

Jas got up to open the curtains to a slightly gloomy Germany, Lando just sat there admiring Jas. He just wanted to make up for the lost time since Silverstone and having her with him at the Grand Prix was more than he could ask for.

"Good morning," Lando said while yawning.

"Morning," Jas said as a smile grew on her face, she walked back over towards him to turn off his alarm. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her back into bed.

"5 more minutes," Lando said.

"You have a race to get to,"

"I know, I know. Five more minutes won't hurt," he said. Jas just smiled and looked at Lando, locking with his eyes before kissing him.

They both eventually got ready, they were both only a few minutes late onto the track. They walked over to the McLaren garage which felt odd to Jas, but she recognised a few familiar faces. Lando had to go and see a few mechanics so Jas had just made her way to his private room in the motor home. On the way everyone was in good spirits, Jas greeted anyone she saw- including Zak Brown.

"Jas, nice to see you back here again. Good to see you made it to the right room," Jon said as he entered Lando's private room.

"For the first time," Jas said laughing forgetting the time she had tried to find Lando's room in a hotel and ended up meeting Jon weeks ago.

"How's the last few weeks been?" Jon asked kindly, it was clear Lando had told him everything that happened, and he did seem surprised to see her there.

"Yeah, it's been weird- lonely but refreshing. I feel like I hit a bit of a reset button," Jas said being completely honest.

"Sometimes we all need that, I'm glad you're back and I think Lando definitely is as well," Jon said smiling at Jas.

"Right... what were you two talking about," Lando walked in.

"All about you mate," Jon said sarcastically.

"Jon I am your only personality trait at this point, I'm not surprised," Lando said sarcastically, "You're world revolves around me," Jon just rolled his eyes at Lando. Jas let Jon and Lando get on with their pre-race ritual. Jas managed to sneak off into Williams where she found George just before he was off for some interviews.

"Jas... last night? Was it all ok?" George asked.

"All perfect, just perfect," Jas said smiling. George could just see how ecstatic Jas was, completely different from how he saw her a few weeks ago, there was a glow about her. "Thank you, but anyway how are you feeling about today?"

"Same as usual- nothing too special," George said.

"Well try and hype yourself up for these interviews,"

"You know I'm a pro at interviews, don't worry. Also, I think your parents are upstairs," George said.

"Thanks, I'll pop up and see them," Jas thanked him.

Ever since Jas had finished university, she just didn't know what to do with herself, there was no extra work to be doing. She managed to go up and find her parents there and they were surprised to see Jas here in Germany, especially after the last few weeks at home. They all sat and had a coffee together, talking about what had been going on, Jas mentioned how she's seen Lando, and it is all fantastic back to where they were.

"We'll have to have him over for dinner soon, he lives so close," Jas's mum said. Jas immediately panicked.

"Yes," Jas said impulsively, "I'd love that,"