thirty-one

"Come on Lando, we need to leave about... well we needed to leave 10 minutes ago," Jas said getting more nervous the longer Lando took. Jas had been ready for the last hour hoping he would get the slight hint that he would as well. It had now got to the point Jas was standing halfway out of the door calling for Lando who was still upstairs.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," Lando said as he was rushing around. Jas had been at Lando's for a few days and it was perfect, she loved being with him and they just fit together perfectly. Although, Jas really had nothing to do at the moment, and being away from her house meant she couldn't even practice piano. Lando was now on the 'summer break' and he was mainly just training and going into the MTC a few times a week, working on the sim. "Right, I'm here. Let's go," Lando finally said as he scrambled to find his keys.

"You look hot," Jas said admiring Lando in a shirt.

"Thank you, I have to make a good impression," Lando said smiling. They soon made it to Jas's parents' house which was pretty near to Lando's. He always admired her parents' house- it was enormous.

"Are you ready?"

"Of course, lets do this," Lando said with pure confidence.

Both of Jas's parents welcomed them into the house and they all made their way into the kitchen/dining room. Her parents, although engrossed in the motorsport community, had never really seen, or met Lando before. Dinner was soon ready, and they made their way to sit at the table... to interrogate Lando. They had a lovely chicken roast dinner (probably the most British dinner they could've chosen).

"So, Jas how long have you two been together?" Her mother asked curiously.

"Well, I think only officially since..."

"The French Grand Prix," Lando said blushing.

"22nd of June or something," Jas said.

"So only two months?" Jas's father said.

"Yes, but we first met in February and we have sort of been seeing each other since then," Jas said sensing her parents were quite underwhelmed.

"Ah I see," Jas's mum said as she poured some gravy over her meal. "Lando tell us about your career, karting, your championships?"

"So yeah, I started in karting I won the karting word championship and I competed in a few different formula fours and won the MSA formula," Lando began to explain.

"Wow, that's impressive. I assume you went on to do Toyota and then formula 3?" Jas's dad suggested.

"Yes exactly, I won the Toyota racing series, formula Renault and Eurocup Formula Renault, and yeah then I won formula 3 and was vice for formula 2," He blurted.

"I am in shock, that is an incredible resume, no wonder McLaren snatched you up," Jas's mum commented, she could tell that part of her parents hearing all about Lando's success reminded them of what Nate's could have looked like.

"I've got my parents to thank, they supported me through it all," Lando said.

"Yes, I'm sure they sacrificed a lot- as we did," Jas's dad said looking longingly. Jas soon managed to change the conversation onto this season and how Lando's rookie year was going. As much as Lando was proud of himself he hated talking about his 'success', Jas could see how he was slightly uncomfortable.

As the evening went on, they finished their meal and wanted to wait for a bit until they tackled dessert. Jas and Lando both helped to do the washing up and let her parents sit down and relax for a bit.

"How do you think it's going?" Lando asked.

"Wonderful- they love you," Jas said while wrapping her arms around his waist, "Since we're nearly done, do you want a house tour?"