Zhan's Secret

A Day Before The Engagement

All of them were helping with the decorations for the Engagement Ceremony. But Zhan was just following Yibo around.

Zhan: I can't wait until my birthday. I want to meet him or her right now.

Yibo: It's only been a week. Gave up so soon. You've to wait for 3 more weeks.

Zhan: Please.

He was still following Yibo with those puppy eyes. Yibo was going back and forth with the decoration objects.

Yibo suddenly turned around without knowing Zhan was so close to him. Their faces were inches apart with their breaths brushing through each others faces.

Yibo stepped back in panic. Zhan just continued to ask the same question like nothing happened.

Yibo heard his phone ringing, so, he excused himself and left Zhan alone.

'What was that? I never felt something like this when I am so close to someone. Why am I feeling this way?' Zhan was thinking to himself all alone.

Zhan was smiling thinking about being so close to Yibo but soon his smile frowned.

Zhan: No. I must maintain a distance from him.. and from everyone else.

Soon after Zhan also received a phone call.

Zhan: Hello? Dr. Li.

Dr. Li: Just called to remind you that you have an appointment today.

Zhan: Yes. I remember. Thanks for calling. When should I visit?

Dr. Li: I am free right now. You can visit now.

Zhan: Ok. I'll be there in 15 minutes.

He said that and cut the call and approached towards his sister.

Zhan: JiJi. I am going to buy some sweets for everyone.

Yanli: Ok. Be careful while going.

Zhan: Hmm.

Zhan then took his mask and drove to the hospital. He entered Dr. Li's office.

Zhan: May I come in?

He asked knocking on the door.

Dr. Li: Yes.

He slowly entered the room.

Dr. Li: Take a seat.

Zhan did as said. The doctor did some quick check ups of Zhan.

Dr. Li: Do you still have those nightmares?

Zhan: Yes.

Dr. Li took a long breath and spoke.

Dr. Li: I am so sorry. I can't do anything to heal you from that trauma.

Zhan: It's not your fault Doctor.

Dr. Li: But I will still try my best to save you.

Zhan: How much time do I have?

Dr. Li: Why are you saying this? I told you, you still have a lot of time an-

Zhan cut him before he could complete.

Zhan: I just wanted to know because I want to enjoy every moment of my life before I...

Dr. Li felt sad for Zhan.

Dr. Li: As a doctor, I shouldn't tell you. But...

He sighed and told him.

Dr. Li: You have 3 to 4 years.