A Chance

The tension build up with every passing minute. Zhan was sitting outside the Emergency Room, in hopes of receiving some good news.

His face was pale. Eyes wear red and puffed because of crying. He rested his head on the wall behind him with an expressionless face.

He was approached by YangYang who sat beside him.

YangYang: Here. Eat this. You haven't had anything for hours.

He handed Zhan a packet of biscuits.
Zhan looked at him and asked.

Zhan: You must be tired of helping me, right?... You can leave if you want.

Zhan's voice was very plain with no emotions in it.

Yang: Seems like you don't consider me your friend. Or... you are tired of me and want me to leave.

Zhan: Fine. You can do whatever you want..... Have you eaten anything?

Yang: I.. I... Ah...

Zhan snatched the packet from his hands and put one biscuit in YangYang's mouth and he ate one himself.

YangYang: You two look so close... Have you informed that you're here to his and your family?

Zhan: I told them that we are staying over at a friend's house.

YangYang: But why? I mean don't they need to know the truth?

Zhan: You're right. I have no right to hide it from them. They deserve to know the truth... but I don't want to give them a heart attack at midnight.

His face was still pale and expressionless and gis voice also sounded emotionless.

YangYang noticed and tried to distract him from all the dark and sad things.

Yang: So... since when do you know each other?

Zhan: Who? Yibo?

Yang: Hmm.

Zhan: It's been 2-3 months. We met accidentally.

Yang: Accidentally?

Zhan: Hm... He looked very cold and lonely... You know what.. he's a total dummy. No one can understand him.

Yang: But looks like, you understand him really well.

Zhan: You think so?

Yang: Yes.

Zhan: You know what. He looks so strong and manly but he's scared of spiders. One day he even..........

Zhan was back to his happy self when talking about Yibo. He kept on talking YangYang about their stories and moments.

YangYang POV:

You look so happy talking about him. You two don't look like just friends. You went crazy when you couldn't find him. Is he that special to you? Can I be one of the special people in your life? Do I have no chance?

A/N POV:

While talking about Yibo, it was like Zhan forgot about his worries and pain.

After waiting there for a long time, Zhan noticed that YangYang fell asleep beside him. He just smiled at him. Zhan was sleepless because of the worries running through his brain.

It was around 1 am when the door of the Emergency Room suddenly opened, revealing the doctor.

Zhan quickly got up from his seat and started asking questions about Yibo's condition.

Zhan: How is he doing Doctor? Is he fine?

Doctor: He's fine now. It could've been really serious if he weren't here on time. He just have some big and small injuries. He is sleeping now.