A Try

[A/N: Last time, I published 2 chapters on the same day. If you haven't read both the chapters, then please read it before continuing]

‐---------------------------------------------------------------------

               On hearing that conversation, Zhan's heart broke into a million pieces. He covered his mouth with his hands to not let out any sound. Tried his best to not break into tears but failed and left the place. He went back to his house where he was greeted by YangYang in the living room. Zhan held back his tears on seeing him.

Yang: Hey... Why are your eyes so red and puffed?

Zhan: Oh.. I just couldn't sleep last night. I'll just go and take a little nap.

As Zhan was about to go, YangYang stopped him by holding his hand.

Yang: Anyone can tell that you were crying. What happened?

Zhan couldn't hold his tears anymore and broke out in YangYang's arms. He embraced Zhan to comfort him.

Zhan: I lost him. I lost him forever...

He said burying his face in YangYang's chest and the other patted his head.

Yang: Whom did you lose?

Zhan: I lost Yibo..forever... I'm sure he'll be happy with her.

Yang: Who is 'her'?

Zhan: His first love. I'm sure he's happy that she's back.

Yang: Wasn't she dead?

Zhan: That doesn't matter anymore. The only thing that matters is that Yibo's first love..his happiness is back.

Yang: How are you so sure that he still loves her? And how can you tell that he'll be more happy with her than with you?

Zhan: But... I heard it. He said that he loves her.

Yang: Even though I don't know Yibo for a long time but...whenever he's with you, he has that shine in his eyes. I know that I've never seen him with that girl but I don't think he'll have that shine in his eyes when he's with someone else other than you... Just have a conversation with him. Ask him how he feels about you and about her.

Zhan: Do you think he would've loved me if she was never gone? He was even ready to die for her when she was gone but now that she's back. Do you really think he'll just leave her?

Yang: So you're just going to give up without even trying?

Zhan: I don't know.

Yang: Just keep yourself in his place and think. Yibo must've had his own problems that he said that.

YangYang cupped Zhan's face and rubbed off the tears.

Yang: Do you really love him?

Zhan: I do.

Yang: Then go for it... If you don't give it a try then you'll regret it for your entire life... I know that feeling really well.

Zhan: Eh?

Yang: Nothing. I've got to go. Bye.

Zhan: Bye.

‐----------------------------------------------------‐-----------------

Yibo couldn't think of what he should do next. He knew that he shouldn't have given false hope to Liying but at the same time, he didn't wanted to break her heart by telling the truth after what she have gone through.

He was walking in the yard, trying to figure out everything but his mind was blank. Suddenly he was pulled by the collar harshly.

Yang: I told you not to hurt him, didn't I? Then why did you hurt him. Why did you made him cry?

Yibo: Leave my collar. And I don't know what you're talking about.

Yang: Don't act innocent. How dare you hurt him?

Yibo: What are you talking about? I seriously don't know anything.

YangYang left his collar and pushed him hard to hit his back on the wall.

Yibo: What was that for? And how dare you grab my collar?

Yang: You should be happy that I didn't do anything other than just grabbing your collar. You atleast deserved a punch after hurting Zhan.

Yibo: Wait... What happened to him?

Yang: You don't know. After saying 'I love you' to your girlfriend in front of him, you're asking me what happened?

Yibo: He heard that?

Yang: Oh... so you were trying to cheat on him by not telling him?

Yibo: Can you just stop accusing me for a second? I'm going to meet him.

Yang: No you won't. Give him some time to think.

Yibo: You-

Yibo stopped as he recieved a call for Zhan. He picked up immediately.

Yibo: Zhan. Listen to me. Whatever you heard me saying.. I was helpless. It was just a misu-

Zhan: Tomorrow before 12 pm. There is a fun fair near the temple. Can you come to meet me there?

Yibo: Huh?

Zhan: Don't you wanna get my answer on the New Year with me?

Yibo: I mean.. Yeah.. Sure... Why not?

Zhan: Bye then.

Yibo: Bye.

After ending the call, Zhan was smiling to his phone.

Whereas, Yibo was happy and confused that Zhan wasn't mad at him. He also noticed that YangYang was already gone.

‐----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yang: I'm so happy for you. I hope you don't end up like me. Even if you don't love me back, I'd still love you and no one can change that.

YangYang left with a smile but he had a heavy heart.

‐--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yibo: I got my answer. Now I realized that it was only attraction between me and Liying. But I'm in love with you... No matter what your answer will be, I won't stop loving you.

He had the brightest smile on his face.

‐----------------------------------------------------------------------

Zhan: As you said, I gave it a try. I know that you already know my answer. I hope everything goes well.

He said with his bunny smile.

‐----------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~Sweet And Sour~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~Love~~~~~~~~~

_________________________________________

*I hope everyone is doing well and just wanted to thank you all who is supporting my story. It really helps me keep writting more. Have a nice day*

Shout out to callmesuibian for showing support to my story. Thank you so much for liking my chapters💜💜