𝟐𝟎.𝟓.

Will and Troy's 'romance' was old news, that point of their relationship feeling like a lifetime ago after everything they've been through. The hatred started when they were caught kissing and Troy thought the only option was throwing him under the bus. But, what if...no one ever caught them?

Would Will still find his way to Mike? Could Will have melted the ice around Troy's heart before his actions escalated?

Let's see.

Two years ago...

Hawkins High | Fri 12:29 PM
Will Byers & Troy Walsh
(Interlude)

There was a bright, sultry mood in the air brought to life by the beaming sun on Troy's cheeks and the excitement in his steps. It was a common way to feel on Fridays, but he was especially giddy since he had something to look forward to at the end of every period. A short, handsome, doe-eyed, Will Byers.

He was already under the bleachers waiting for him by the time he walked out of the doors, smiling softly at him from afar. Troy grew to love that smile, it making his heart leap and bringing warmth to his chest. Although he was very much aware of how Will made him feel, he stayed ambivalent. Unsure if he should embrace it, scared to take that step.

"Hi," Will whispered, standing on his tippy toes to wrap his arms around Troy's neck. His hair always smelled of cinnamon, and Will couldn't get enough of the delicious fragrance.

They really were infatuated with each other. No matter how hard they tried to pretend they weren't. Back then, they couldn't have imagined their lives today.

Troy held his back with one hand and his head with the other, strongly embracing him. They needed to be loved. Both with sad home lives and so much love to give, but no one giving them the time of day. Except for each other. The two pulled away from the hug, Troy leaning down, placing his hands on both of Will's shoulders and slowly inching forward. He eyed the other boy's lips, so plump and pink, before closing his eyes and pressing his against them.

This kiss was different than the others, more passionate, long, Troy wanting to do anything but pull away. It was standard for them to touch each other during make out sessions, but the way Will softly dragged his hands over and around his body made him pant, his breaths getting deeper and deeper.

In the moment, he felt like he he needed to give into urges. Say the thing that's been on his mind for the past week.

"I wanna do something."

"You wanna do that now? We're at school—"

"No, that's not what I mean. I wanna like..." he sighed and shifted his gaze elsewhere, embarrassment washing over him suddenly. "Go somewhere."

Will lifted an eyebrow. He took his arms away from Troy's body and cocked his head confusingly. He obviously still wasn't getting it.

"With you."

That same ol' smile quickly appeared when he said that. Funny thing was, a part of them both wanted the relationship to be more than what it was, both afraid to ask the other. And it ended up being Troy who opened that door to new possibilities.

"So you wanna go on a date?" Will teased.

"No it's not like a date it's more like a..." Troy paused as he scattered his brain for something that sounded less formal, but quickly gave up. "Fine. Yes Will, I wanna go on a date with you."