𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐟𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐)

The Byers Residence | Thur 8:12 AM
Will Byers

What would it be like if some people were just never born? Like Will for example. Would his life even make that much of a difference? No one could miss him because he would have never existed in the first place. Without him, Troy probably wouldn't have turned into a bully, which means he probably wouldn't have ran over Mike. And Mike might be happier. With someone he can actually communicate with and love.

Nothing matters anymore. Cut their suffering short.

Wait...which one said that? Maybe he was actually just starting to hear things, anyways...

Will stood in front of the mirror of his private bathroom—which he liked most about the house. Contemplating life in it gave him a stronger grasp on it. Even if it was still hard to envision a future where he lives with the voices. Sometimes he needed them, but Trice and Jacob clouded his judgement on important things.

But this he couldn't decide.

"Should I do it?"

Will held up an eyeliner pen in his hand, holding it between his fingers and moving it closer to his face, before chickening out and moving it back. Why was it so hard? He's wanted to do this for a long time and now when he can, his body won't let him.

Absolutely yes! Do it and make all them basic bitches jealous!

"I'm doing it because I'm wanna make a statement. Be who I am in the beginning...not make people jealous."

People might not respond well. Then it'll be Hawkins all over again if you show up looking so...you know.

Jacob, dude, I agree but he shouldn't live his life for other people. Will, bring the pocket knife with you just in case.

With their encouragement, he starts to apply the eyeliner, appreciating how they made his eyes pop. Sure, maybe the lines were a little jagged but that's to be expected. Next was the mascara, his eyelashes curling up wards and thickening out, looking as if they were fake. Lastly, he decided to paint his nails black as another addition to the look.

Great! Now if someone asks why you're wearing it you can say it's to be edgy!

After finishing, Will cautiously slipped on his new school uniform—yes, this school was that preppy—ate a quick breakfast of air, and grabbed his book bag. Today he wouldn't have to drive or bike to school. For the first time in his life he'd be riding a bus, which in other words meant that he was going to have human interaction earlier in the morning than he's used to.

School for Woodlake students starts at 8 instead of 9 like he was used to, and since the busses came at 7:30, Will woke up 2 hours earlier to try and be prepared. 5:00 am.

The sky hadn't fully woken up yet, showing an array of blues and oranges while getting ready for the sun to arrive. At least the view was nice.

Across the street, there was a guy on the roof, his brown skin glowing in the rays while he opened his mouth to let out the smoke from the cancer stick in his fingers. Will didn't realize he was staring until the guy waved at him with his free hand, now staring back at Will from below.

The guy way wearing a uniform just like he was: black pants, a white button up, and a burgundy vest with the schools logo in the corner. He styled it cooler than Will, rolling up the sleeves, unbuttoning it a little, cuffing the pants. All tied together by the man bun on the top of his head.